pillaton pools, penkridge

tank

Reaction score
i recently spent the day fishing pillaton pools and had a fair few roach and one nice sized tench from pool 3. using just maggot i managed this in a bout 6 hours. i was wondering if there are any better ways of getting a good session, i hear bread works well when blended and used along with punched bread and maggot over the top. an ideas would be great.

/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Thanks

tank

Reaction score
going again on monday and hoping to do weel or better than last time!! still if anyoone has fished there an knows what works then just say.

tank

Reaction score
what a day!!!!! started off with a feeder rig set up my bite alarm and just floated a second rod into the margins next to my left and loose fed blended bread an maggots on the hook. managed to land 13 all in all. 1 roach at the start first cast!!! then 2 little common carp weighing about 1/2 a pound each then i just mainly got small skimmers and the last one of the day weighed in at 3lb, a lovely bream!!! this was all on pool 4! going again i love this place!

tank

Reaction score
going again on sunday this time armed with my pva bags and various other particle baits to try out on the old waters!! watch this space for how i get on.

tank

Reaction score
well today was very very hot so not a lot really happened on my carp rod. i set it like normal in the helicopter rig and attached my pva bag every hour or so casting out. no success really other than one run that ended up coming off.

i set the float rod up as well and fishing about 3 ft deep with maggots i managed to pull in a total of 14 a mixture of roach (some really nice/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif) and skimmer bream.

all in all a good day on pool 1, i only have pool 2 to try now. defo gonna go back to pool 1 but on a not so hot day.