UNDER GUNNED ?

Catfishingham

Reaction score

Catfishingham

Reaction score
Ray, Probably average 15#, over 20# fairly common, Just guessing, I have seen some really big ones, don't see many affordable, rods/w cork butts, and a lot of the rods don't list test curve. Will be fishing mostly open water. Thanks, Tight lines

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
If the fish are that size and bigger, and open water, then I would go for a pair of 2.5 Test Curve rods. Good enough to cast 100yards plus,and will have a good enough action to play the fish at that distance and close in.

To find rods with cork handles maybe the problem, not many have cork on them now, many have to be ordered, or even made for you, but it's worth contacting some of the makers to see what they do, or have in stock.

Good luck.

Shine

Reaction score
Hi Cat. I have one of these and can highly recommend them. If you fishing isnt over 100 yards they should hopefully be what you are looking for...

KORUM NEOTERIC SPECIMEN 12ft 2.5lb TC
The 2.5lb is for small to medium sized waters where long range fishing is unnecessary.
Specifications
12ft 2 piece contruction
2.5lb TC with Progressive Action
High Modulus Carbon Blank
3 leg Silicone Lined Guides
Full Cork Handle
Screw Reel Seat
Line Rating 6lb - 15lb.

http://www.leslies-luton.co.uk/store/category/581/1465/KORUM-SPECIMEN-RODS/

Catfishingham

Reaction score
Shine, Ray Thanks guys, I will probably go with the Korum, don't know how I missed it, been looking at Leslies, ( have bought from them before). It is hard to deside what I need, (I don't understand "Proper English" well). I think I will post an add and see if I can finda local transplanted Englishman to fish with. If you want to talk fishing you are welcome toPM orIM me any time, I keep odd hrs and am 5 hrs ahead of you, always up late my time. Have Windows messenger, "Catfishingham", email kc8vfe@oh.rr.com

P.S. Grand son wanted to borrow my new Bivy, (I haven't used it yet) /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif7:29 here

Shine

Reaction score
Cat. I havent used Leslies before but I know you can get them a little cheaper than ?79.99 if you look about.
I got mine from the tackle box in kent as I live near it. I would recommend you buy from them or someone else that gives good after sales service. The Tackle Box charges rrp for most things but if you have any problems with the item you bought they will fix it/swap it/refund you.

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/

p.s. When you hook onto a hard fighting double or a 20+ on the 2.5tc korum rod it puts an amazing bend in it. Really is a lovely rod for playing fish.

Shine

Reaction score
rrp: recommended retail price.

Give them a call cat. I know they ship abroad.

I'm off fishing now until after dark. Trying to catch a 29 thats been evading me for to long now /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Cat the carp you are after are you fishing for them in Rivers or lakes and are the venues snaggy / weedy ?. Also what range are you fishing at to catch these carp. All of these things need to be considerdedbefore you can get a rod to suit.

I have managed to land carp up to 26lb on small size 12 hook and 8lb line with 2.5lb TC carp rods.

however this was done in deep open water with no snags or weed.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
The Fox predator rods are quite nice for the money, they have cork handle`s with a fixed reel seat and if I remember right you can get them from 2lb test curve to 3.5lb tc test curve.