Night fishing - do you stay awake?

Jimbo

Reaction score
Enjoyed a single night but was shattered staying awake during the whole night. Spent the next day half awake and then had to pack up.

Do you fellers stay awake or maybe turn in late in the night and let the buzzers wake you up? I did have a take around 10pm but it dropped it.

Thanks,

James

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On a one night-er, I stay awake as the wild life up here is fantastic and as we know this is the time that they come out to eat/drink. And I also switch my volume's off on my alarms at night and use the lights on them for indication.

Jimbo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far. Peter, do you wind in and then recast at dawn? I also watched the wildlife, well, a fox that kept walking past the door to the bivvy. I only had the mesh door up and it scared the $^£&"£ out of me!

D

Dave Burr

When I was younger I staid awake all night, nowadays its zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

But the first bleep on the buzzers gets me up and scrabbling for the bivvie door in no time/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

nik saunders

Reaction score
depends on the lake mate , some carp at different lakes feed at different times, but i would say the norm is few hrs after dark then up mega early to spot the first roll of the morning, as people say your there to catch carp not to have a camping holiday lol/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
What "Packing your rods away at night" its the best time? Whats the point in going night fishing!! I stay awake till about 3am then set my alarm for a wake up call at 5am to get fresh baits out and then a few power naps through the day ready for the next nights fishing as I mainly fish at least 48hr sessions. /forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

nik saunders

Reaction score
i agree with catmandan, power naps in the day, i have a reciever on vibro with alarms vol off, one little buzz from the reciever im out the bag and checking the water, and the bobbin, i tend to leave the zip on the bivvy not to low so easy to run out, or even in better weather under stars no bivvy/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
I fish until the action slows down or until I'm tired then get my head down but set the 'm up before dawn to change my baits. I have the sounder box on full belt to make sure I'm woken up should I get a run in the night.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
One nighters I stay awake. Longer sessions Istart to have napsaround midday, things seem to go dead around then. I leave the rods out, the buzzer wakes me. I must say I don't sleep very well when fishing, short naps thats it.

Don't see the point going fishing to sleep, but Specie doe's OK........../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
My bivvy door is always open at night and I have my thermal socks on with gortex slip on slipper type things on if I`m having a kip as it aint half uncomfortable wearing trainers all the time, the fox halo elite bivvy light is a great bit of kit

C

Cakey

I sleep all day and all night , 4 rods out and remote set to vibrate

Medders

Reaction score
Quite right lads.......sleep if you can a couple of hours into darkness and wake again just before the sun starts to rise. Definately alarms on vibro only..........it sh*** the life out of mee when I get a screamer in the middle of the night!! It's good to cat-nap in the day to!

CATMANDAN.....I get freezing feet at night....I bought a pair of those neoprene socks but they didn't do much apart from make my feet sweat!!!! Any suggestions.....was thinking about getting some wool socks?

Rickrod

Reaction score
If i'am night fishing on the rivers i tend to just use a brolly and a chair and two night lights on the tip and stay awake all night But when i'am after carp or bream on the stillwaters its bivvy bedchair alarms and i'll nod of about 3am till first light

F

Frothey

i go night fishing to get some sleep.....

catman - not all lakes fish at night, it can be good to get the lines out of the water for a few hours (same during the day)

C

Cakey

I some times stay awake if Ive more than 4 rods out /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
one nighters i stay awake, usually with a good book, under my brolly in spring summer autumn, and in my tent in the winter. alarms on a sounder box next to me.

longer sessions, i will tend to sleep during the day rather than at night, as the action seems to die during the day most places i fish. rods often come in during a daytime kip, as generally when i'm napping like this, i'm not expecting to catch anyway

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've found that the majority of my fish have come in the hours I mentioned and that staying awake through the entire night brings little more success.