Carp Line

Medders

Reaction score
Hi,

With so many Carp Lines available and some of the reviews on here quite dated, I would like to ask anyone that can recommend a carp line with low diameter, low memory and the right colour.

I always fish with 12lb line but am going to France in Sept and need to upgrade to 15lb.

Many Thanks

F

Frothey

shimano technium. no contest /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

dont forget some 12lb lines can break at 18lb, some 15lb at 15. the tacklebox have a fairly decent comparison as well as abrasion, stretch etc.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Shimano Technium is just to stiff and springy and definitely is not worth £38.00 a spool.

I would go for the Terry EustacePro Clear in 15 lb, it is very low diameter for its breaking strain, it is lovley and supple with great knot strenght and sinks like a stone even though its not flouro carbon line. I have found it also offers good abrasion resistanceevn though it is so thin.

Best of all its only £17.00 for a bulk spool of 1000m you can get 2000m with cahnge for the same price as that Shimano old rope.

F

Frothey

who pays £38 a spool?

thats the problem with "whats the best" threads - different situations and all that. all depends on what you want from a line though, i can cast 15lb technium as far as i need to, and i'd rather have thick old rope and know I've got all the strength and abrasion resistance that i need.

pro clear is a top line for distance work though.... give you that!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well you could use the very tried and trusted Daiwa Sensor, good knot strength, abrasion resistance, and strong. Others are Kryston Snyde and krystonite, I have been using both of these and i can not find anything wrong with them at all.

But as it has been said, different situations, and also personal choice, by that i mean what you are confident using. Then there is the Pro Gold, P-Line where do you stop?

If cost comes into it, then at around £7 a bulk spool of 1000 mts plus Diawa sensor, you can't go wrong.

GertR

Reaction score
Could you maybe tell me how you would rate Nash Bullet and Berkley Big Game against the line named so far?

F

Frothey

Pro Gold is weaker/thicker than Pro-Clear Ray... iirc though, "clear" lines tend to be less forgiving than coloured ones, and less abrasion resistant, in the same way that clear plastic is more brittle than coloured. might be wrong though!

big game is the "origional" carp line - thick for its stated strength and very stretchy. tough as old rope though.

bullet is a fairly good all round line. there aren't many "bad" lines around, and if Ron see's this thread he'll tell us how they are all made by the same 3 or 4 manufacturers anyway.....

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Frothey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

if Ron see's this thread he'll tell us how they are all made by the same 3 or 4 manufacturers anyway.....</blockquote>

Plus they are all made in either SA or OZ.........../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

Frothey,

I have never used pro clear, always been happy with the pro gold, why don't they mix the two together, they would end up with a Strong, Thin, Abrasion Resistant line,,,,,,,,/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

bit of a sod get two lines through the tip eye though.............................

Medders

Reaction score
Looking at the various options, I've just ordered my spare spools for the Shimanos and have ordered a bulk spool of Shimano Technium to.......?24, blagged!!! Cheers for the tips chaps!