The Geoffrey Bucknall Interview

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Excellent interview Colin. I always regarded Geoff Bucknall as one of the pioneers of reservoir trout fishing. As an all round angler, he is a man after my own heart.

We must all wish him well.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Colin, Iamalso glad he is keeping well. I was a customer at his shop in Lewisham for many years. I also fished from his boat, when it was skippered by Bob Cox. It was certainly one of the best angling boats that I have ever fished from and would plane even with a full compliment of anglers and crew. Some of the fish I caught from it are still my pb's. Fond memories indeed.

keora

Reaction score
I enjoyed the interview, I hope Fishing Magic publish others in the future.

Hexataff Hexataff

Reaction score
I still havethe Geoffrey Bucknell fibreglass 'Two Lakes' fly rod which I bought while at college in Aberystwyth during the mid seventies. That was my first 'proper' rod and I can still recall taking my first rainbow on it on Dinas reservoir. For that and for so much more Mr Bucknell, thank you.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Very nice article Colin. It goes to show that in this technoogical age of bleeps and wizardry that there are some that hold the values of simply being there so dear.