Help with present

carpcatcher

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I wonder if you could help me. Im looking for a present for my father. He's told me he wants a rod,however it should not be largerthan 11 foot. Its forfloat fishing on a water which is mixed but there is a largechance of hooking a large double so wants a little extra power. However some the swims are quite tight with not much room to cast, hence the short length.

Got a budget ofaround 60-80 pound.

Please canyou recommend any?

Thanks in advance.

carpcatcher

Reaction score
Cheers for that peter.

Have you by any chance fished with one of these and if so how did it perform for you?

Chris Season32

Reaction score
If you think he might get away with a 12ft rod I'd recommend looking at a Shimano Catana BX 360. Not ideal advice, but I can vouch for the rod.

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
my freind swears by his drennan puddle chucker waggler rod, he bought the 11ft one for some of our small local waters, and he loves it.

he's as happy picking up the odd double on it as he is taking rudd on the drop. he wouldn't set out to target big fish with it, but having seen him play fish to 16lb on it, it seemed to cope real well.

you can get it for around £70, and it does seem top quality. (what doesn't with a drennan badge on it?)