dog mixer

tank

Reaction score
i've had a few carp on the old dog busicuit using pellet hooks attached to a size 14 hook. i just floated on the surface with a bubble float. this is years an years ago but as i've been out the game for a while and just getting back in i was wondering if this is still a good carp catching method?/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
The Carp on the two pools I fish go mad for them so I would say they were well worth trying

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

"how affective is it?"

So effective that my club has banned loose feeding 'dog nuts', hook baits only/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Dal If the club had banned loose feeding dog nuts try changing over to breakfast cereals instead. What I do is get a box each of sugar puffs, chocolate boulders and rice krispies (so there is a variety of shapes/sizesetc) mix them all together and then fill solid pva bags with the mixture. I put them in a sealed bucket ready to take with me on each session. If the fish are on the surface I simply tie a hook direct to the end of my line (no floats or controllers) take out a bag, choose a cereal piece and put the hook through it and the bag at the same time. I then cast the bag out to the fish and wait till it melts. The bag provides casting weight and they have such variety to choose from its difficult for them to suss out the one with the hook in.

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
Dog Mixer = f***ing devestating, and the most enjoyable way to fish + you can be selective + its cheaper than sitting behind expensive rods and alarms waiting with expensive boilies.

tank

Reaction score
well i will give them an other go then now i'm back into it!

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Trev, what I meant to say was they have banned all surface baits apart from the hook bait.

This sad situation came about when we had the Numpties turn up on a Friday afternoon for a week-end session with a 15 or 20 Kilo sack EACH and the sack would be empty by Saturday afternoon, so bang went the floaters for every-one/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

tank

Reaction score
well i tried it today and even that didn't work.