First carp fishing venture.

mercs09

Reaction score
Well me and a fishing buddy had our first carp fishing venture for 36 hours on pilsworth over the weekend and we are now firmly addicted to the carp game /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif. Saturday night was our first night on the lake and other than 2 small bream it was very quiet but a couple of more experienced anglers had 8 carp out between them on boilies and particle baits so it seemed to fishing ok.

Sunday was a very warm day (sun tan to prove it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif ) and we saw carp in a shallow bay just soaking up the sun and not really interested in feeding and it looked like it was going to be a hard day but amazingly our day was fantastic and at 9.45 am i had my first carp out a beautiful 7lb mirror and it was in perfect condition , for me that was it i was addicted and it didn't matter what else happened i was like a child with a smile from ear to ear.

The day just got better and better with us both getting 6 carp out biggest to my mate was a 15lb very fat bellied mirror looked ready for spawning and we had others at 13lb , 11lb, 10lb and two at just over 9lb.We lost two big fish one in particular pulled at the net and the bailiff watching at the time estimated it in the region of 24lb i was gutted but our first session was truly awesomeand couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the carp gam,fantastic weekend , beautiful fishand cant wait to get back there next week we got them all on spicy tuna and sweet chilli boilies and pva bags of chopped boilies and pellet will hopefully have a couple of pics to put on soon but quality may not be good as we forgot the camera and had to use mobile phone lol.

Carp fishing forever now i think /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Nathan

Reaction score
Oh dear - it sounds like you've been infected by the carp bug.

Im still trying to find a cure /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif