groundbait for crucians

Specihunter

Reaction score
Apart from VDE Expo and breadcrumbwhat other groundbaits are good from crucians . I don't want recipies just those that work as I will be trying out and mixing up myself and adding any additives. At jk's they sell Sensas ,VDE, dynamite, sonubaits and their own brand .Bait wise it's corn , maggots , soft pellets and meat.

thanks

Speci

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
It`s a bit like the age old question,how long is a piece of string ???? Everyone will have their own tried and trusted suggestions.

Personally i`d use a sweet tasting groundbait or perhaps use good old plain browncrumb with a sweet additive.

Hows the FM hat....been bringing you any luck ????

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I've alway done well for crucians with simple liquidised bread,and a small pinch of flake on the hook.........

Depends on the venue I guess.

Specihunter

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neneman Nick wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

It`s a bit like the age old question,how long is a piece of string ???? Everyone will have their own tried and trusted suggestions.

Personally i`d use a sweet tasting groundbait or perhaps use good old plain browncrumb with a sweet additive.

Hows the FM hat....been bringing you any luck ????</blockquote>
The hats working a treat . I'm not looking for combos just the basics and i will do the rest.

tank

Reaction score
i just find that the age old blended bread with red maggot on the hook works well for me.

C

Cakey

Ive a local lake where Ive had 100's off the top using crust under a willow tree superb fun on a summers evening

Specihunter

Reaction score
thanks all so sweet GB and bread crumb, hookbait choice ok . I know where they are on my club lake now to go fish for them.

tubs

Reaction score
I had a day recently at Bury Hill catching crucians all day. I was using red maggots on the hook with a sandwich in the feeder of SENSAS groundbait, red maggots and some more SENSAS. I cant remember exactly which type of ground bait but I am sure it was designed for carp in mind.

I have been told at this time of the year if using groundbait it should be light in colour. So go for the yellowy/gold coloured types.

Let us know how it goes?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"blanked yesterday"

So much for bread crumb then Speci?

Given that all venues will differ, I still prefer a continental-type groundbait (little 'feed' content)compared tobread. Usually I will add a little 'sweetener' in the form of mollasses or Brasem, and I prefer the powdered Brasem to the liquid.

Hook baits are; Bronze maggot, break flake or sweetcorn.

Alternatively, I can take them off of the top with a floating bread bait later in the evening.

Good luck.

Specihunter

Reaction score
Pete I'm using expo ,brown breadcrumb and VDE molasses .This isn't an easy water but I have done some homework so i know where to start . All i wanted wasjust the basic ground bait that workseg expo ,breadcrumbnot I use this and this as every lake is different and I will work what works.