pva bags

tank

Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot about these pva bags at the moment and I'm seriously thinking of giving them a go. i hear chili hemp, crushed tiger nuts and pellets are a good combo with a pellet used as the hook bait.

Any ideas?

brewart65

Reaction score
hi tank at the moment im useing P V A mesh 2mm or 4mm pellets with 8mm or 11mm pellet hair rigged.only started useing it for about a month all my pellets are fishmeal havent tried any other combos yet .../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
Tank you have to use the P.V.A friendly particles because the home made ones will melt the bags before you can tie them or cast them out because of the water.

tank

Reaction score
right i hear the tf gear particles are pva friendly, bit pricey though. so just pellets on their own works fine then? good good i will defo try this method as it puts your bait right down with your hook bait!

F

Frothey

just let particles dry on a cloth, and then dust them in dry groundbait before putting them in the bag.

chub angler

Reaction score
Yes TFG do PVA friendly ones. you can flavour your pellets in the bags as well and you can use choped boilies and a coupleof whole ones in a bag as well if boilies are not banned where you fish.Remember to use more than one size of pellet in your bags and dont forget toput a couple of samples of your hookbait in aswell to help fool the carp.

C

Cakey

a pva bag walks into a bar and says ouch /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

tank

Reaction score
didn't know that one either that's a great tip to save a lot of money. i Know tf gear is good but it is expensive. i gonna try that when i get round to buying some pva mesh kits.

F

Frothey

that's what the girl from california said on the webcam last night /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Frothey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>just let particles dry on a cloth, and then dust them in dry groundbait before putting them in the bag.</blockquote>

Or mix them with mashed tuna in sunflower oil. Hmmmmm! Mashed tuna.

Anything oily is safe with PVA - I'm pretty sure.

F

Frothey

yep, but you then get all the match commitee men moaning about oil slicks on the lake.

Dom B

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif thats your mums orgasm face

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
<blockquote class=quoteheader>tank wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>oh right so oil wont damage the pva then?</blockquote>

Nope, that's why the oil in your pellets doesn't melt it.

If you make a load of bags of pellets and leave them for a few days you'll see the pva has taken on the oil from the pellets and gone brown or red or whatever colour the oil is.

tank

Reaction score
ah rightyo so i'll be ok with coating my mixture in veg oil? then putting it in the old pva bag ready for a session the night before. gonna defo give these a go as they seam to be the most effective way of getting your bait down while carping.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I wouldn't ladle it on but yes it should be ok.

As long as the particles are coated in oil (ordry groundbait)rather than water it should be fine.

Some people fill the solid pva bags with pva friendly liquid flavours just to make a scent cloud in the water with little or nofeed in it whatsoever.

I use the mesh ones for barbel on the rivers and my occasional ventures into carp fishing. I usually fill them with a mixture of different sized pellets and boilies - some crushed, some not andI always use a hookbait to match what's in the bag.

I've read also that some make up the pva bags of pellets/boilies well in advance of fishing trips then leave them to soak, contents and all, in a pva friendly liquid flavour for a few weeks before using them.

PVA%20bags.jpg

That's pretty much what mine look like - nothing fancy, I use the Korda 4 Seasons mesh and ESP stuff too, depends what's in stock at my tackle shop. They both seem much of a muchness, I wouldn't be suprised if they were madeby the same manufacturer.