good days fishing

tank

Reaction score
i'm after a good fishing spot for a days fishing which will get me a few in the net and a good day. the staffordshire area must be full of places but i find them hard to locate on the net. an places or web adds would be very help full.

tank

Reaction score
hey up trev! is that a good place for two people getting back into the game after so long away? on mondday we tried two rods each one with a feeder rig which worked better for my mate than me and floating in the reeds which worked better for me than him.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Yeah its a nice place mate. Its flat has easy access from the car park its cheap enough for two rods each and its full of Carp in the 5 - 15 lb range with a few biggies thrown in for good measure. It responds well to most methods and the gorgeous lady in the onsite cafe will look after you regarding coffee and sandwiches.

I took one of the lads from school on an overnighter on tuesday and when we got there several of the blokes already there said it was dire because the carp are spawning. We caught 9 fish between us in the 24 hrs we stayed so if thats dire then it must be brilliant on a good day.

tank

Reaction score
sounds nice that does, when you say the normal methods work do you mean the old helicopter rig with a hair set up on the hook using boilies or is there something i missed? does it have a website?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
When I say normal methods I mean most methods that involves a safe rig with a baited hook. I was using a simple running lead and a short mono hooklink with a size 10 hook and either pellet or a slice of pepperami on the hair, I was hooking a small pva bag of pellets on before each cast. My other rod was again a simple running lad but baited with a single boillie and it was placed very very gently in the margins and had a few broken boilies thrown around it.

My mate was using Tutti Fruity Boilies with a pva bag of matching pellets.

There is no web site but the contact phone numbers are:

Tim 07947 622288 or Neil: 07971 622288

Let me know if you go there I might take a trip up for the day as well

tank

Reaction score
i'll bare it in mind an check with my fishing buddy what the plans are for this weekend. who knows might be ending up there!!