shopping list

tank

Reaction score
going fishing sunday at a good stocked pool containing many car an tench and bream. i wanna pull a few carp out. i got all the tackle an rigs etc.... need some help on the bait front so far i talking myself into getting some tutti-frutti boilies. any other items you guys think i should get?

/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Dom B

Reaction score
you should use red strawberry sweetcorn i use it all the time and it caught me my personal best on the first day using it/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifgood luck for sunday m8

tank

Reaction score
i tried red maggots the last two time going here but only on the hook, think i might try them in a large swim feeder with as many as possible on the hook.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Tank Tutti Fruttis are a classic boilie flavour and if you dont catch on them I will swop you for some of mine.

Maggots and Corn will also work a treat, for floater fishing on the surface try sugar puffs instead of dog biscuits you should be able to cram three onto a size 8 hook andthy soften after a few seconds in the water so when carpy sucks at them the hook will pull out of the sugar puff and into the carps mouth nicely.

tank

Reaction score
sugar puffs trev? thats an idea i think i'm defo gonna try. i just finished making my pva bags ready for sunday's session at the pools so lets hope they get me at least one bite or i'm not gonna be happy.

tank

Reaction score
in the end i went for<ul>[*]cotswold bait creations - chilli kick hemp[*]mistral - tiger nut boilies[*]van den eynde - fishmeal carp pellets[/list]this was all mixed up in the pva bag and for the hook bait i'm goiong to use a boilie on a hair rig with a size 14 hook. see how that goes if nothing happens i might need to change one of the items.

tank

Reaction score
well the combination didn't really work for me today. got one decent run which when i pulled into it felt a good size. then about 1 min later it came off the hook, just as well really as it was heading right for the reed bed!!! to be honest i think this will work i will try it again but next time when its not as hot as it was today.