Frisby Pits

Lionel

Reaction score
Hi , i know its a bit of a shot in the dark butdoes anybody know anything about these pits, in particular thefish stocks in the small pit (boys pit?) next to the main pit? Can anyone give me any tips on how to approach the place?

Tommo!

Reaction score
Oh yes,

Lived in Melton a few years back.

Looking at your profile I will base the response on your predator preference.

It has a good head of Pike and Perch.

Both fall to lures, dead and live baits.

The main pit has some good Zeds in it. Lures or fresh deads for these.

The swims will jump out at you if you take a walk round.

As for other species the two pits are great with the boys being relatively easier due to its size and fish holding features.

Good luck, for the price of the ticket it is well worth it.

Lionel

Reaction score
Hi Tommo, cheers for the info mate, i did the night on there on friday with the zeds in mind but apart from a dropped take as i was packing up i had no joy.

Ive heard the boys pit has got some good tench and a few crucians in it, are they worth chasing?

Tommo!

Reaction score
I was going to rave on about them in my first reply but then I read your profile and your penchant for predators.

I have personally had Tench to 5lb on simple float or feeder tactics.

I would advise against using anything fishmeal as the Bream will clear you out. Not always a bad thing as there are some decent Bream too.

As for the crucians I can't say that I ever had the pleasure.

I have to admit though it was a little easy in the end so I focused more on the main pit plus the fact that I had the local skip rat kids decide to go for a swim next to my peg./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif The main pit is too far for them to walk./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

In all if I moved back I would join again.

The River is an underfished gem too.

Tight lines

Lionel

Reaction score
It seems even the main pit isnt safe from the kids either if friday night was anything to go by. There was around 15 youths camping (not fishing)along the wreake bank and we had groups of them walking backwards and forwards shining torches about and shouting for most of the night. There was another load of noisykids fishing opposite us aswell, considering they were over 200 yards away i could still make out most of their conversation.

I hope its not always gonna be like that down there /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif