Dodgy controllers?

Geoff Maynard

Contents Editor
Reaction score
Anybody else had a problem with Drennen controller floats falling to bits after half a dozen casts? The lead came off two brand new ones of mine the other day, literally after just a couple of casts. Is there a bad batch out there or was I just unlucky?

W

Wolfman Woody

Well you made a right old mess of mine as well.

Even the wooden one.

Can you be trusted with quality controller floats, I ask.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
You might say that Geoff, I couldn't possibly comment LOL

Mind you, if you go fishing with Jeff, then . . . . . . .

[ inset smiley thing - - - > H E R E ]

W

Wolfman Woody

Oy, watch it Jacobs.

I'd had those controllers since Peter Drennan was a lad. About the same time as Moses crossed the Red Sea.[ inset smiley thing - - - > H E R E ]

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"I'd had those controllers since Peter Drennan was a lad. About the same time as Moses crossed the Red Sea."

I can believe that Jeff, and a little bird told me that your line is about the same age . . . .

but I don't believe those stories .. . . . . . .

Geoff Maynard

Contents Editor
Reaction score
But stangely enough, the same thing that happened to both your controllers that afternoon happened to me twice last week - the lead vanished leaving an empty shell. I was wondering if it was a Moulder and Scully thing???

W

Wolfman Woody

Up until our visit to Lake View, Geoff, I'd had no trouble with them at all. /forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

What with the way you and Granville were wrapping them around the far trees it wasn't surprising to me that they give up the ghost.

A good job 'Saunders of the river' could get the boat out to retrieve them though.

Saying that, the ESP one gave up on me from the outset, that's why I couldn't get mine out as far.

W

Wolfman Woody

Peter, my lines would be a pefect match for those old rods of yours.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Which reminds me, how are your runner beans coming along this year?

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif