A Midsummer?s Day Bream

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
At least you're giving it a try, Andrew, and if at first you don't succeed...

The main difference to what you tried is that I use an infra red remote with a 2 second delay - I wish that was 10 seconds too - but at least I am already in position. It might have been worth resting the bream back in the water in the landing net whilst you checked the result then perhaps had another go. Some fish are easier than others. Big ones are difficult as it takes longer to pick them up and hold them properly.

Keep trying!

S

Sean Meeghan

Nice box Andy - wish we had them that size up here!

One other thing to try is to set up your camera to take multiple shots on the self timer. Most digitals will allow you to do this and it gives you several chance to get a good shot without keeping the fish out of water for much longer.

Skoda

Reaction score
Cheers Mark!

I'll definitely give it another go. Practice makes perfect; I need to go into training so I can run around from the back of the camera more quickly!

Sean - nice idea apart from me having the only digital camera in existence that requires you to hold the shutter button down for continuous shooting. Fuji Finepix f40fd. The fd bit means intelligent face detection; it probably got confused as to which was the intelligent face - me or the bream!

There must be waters that hold big bream up your way?

Andy

S

Sean Meeghan

There's the odd one, but none that sound as nice as the one you fished.

Have a look at your timer settings you should be able to set it to take more than one shot. Often you can set the delay before the first shot, the number of shots and the delay between each shot.

Skoda

Reaction score
Sean

I'll have a look at the 179 page manual but I'm not hopeful. Thanks anyway.

If you're down this way anytime I'll take you to Blickling if you want. It fishes well through the summer into late autumn. When we get our building work finished (mid July), and painting completed (Mid 2011!), there'll be plenty of accommodation.

We're planning another trip up to t' Swale early Sept again.

Andy

DZ

Reaction score
Mark you might know the answer to this-

Is it possible to get my nikon d300 to auto focus at the end of a timer delayed photo (i.e. just before the shutter opens) rather than the moment I start the timer?

Skoda

Reaction score
Sean - Progress! I can now take two pictures on the timer, about a quarter of a second apart which should be enough to let me move about four inches!

Andy