Fishing Shirt???

M

Matthew White

I am looking for a long sleeved, buttoned, cotton shirt to wear in the summer when I go fishing. I want to be able to cover my arms up when walking through head high nettles etc, and then roll the sleeves up when I get to my swim.

Can anyone reccomend a supplier? As cheap as possible.

Matt

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
get yourself down to the charity shops and have a good mooch around. Plenty of shirts there that would do what your asking of them.

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Any army surplus store is ideal, long sleeve olive coloured army shirts were literally pennies last time i bought some fishing clothes. Places like this also do all kinds of camo bags and satchels etc which are perfect for carrying bait/gear and probably something like 1/20th the price of something similar with the word 'carp' stitched on it!

C

Cakey

whats wrong with a camo t-shirt with a camo fleece for the stingers

remove once in swim

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Scierra shirt

I bought one of these: Scierra Air dry shirt, a while ago and I can honestly say it's the best fishing shirt I have ever had. It's not made of cotton, but some kind of polyester material, which means it wicks moisture away and dries very quickly. The shirt is generously cut, has pit zips, two capacious breast pockets and a vented back. If you want to roll up the sleeves there is even a strap that holds the rolled up sleeves in place. I think I paid about £29.00 for it. A lot for a fishing shirt you may think, but if what you buy does everything you expect of it and it surpasses your expectations, then as far as I am concerned it's money well spent.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I bought a long sleeve shirt from Millets, it has a sun protection factor (spf) of 50. They did a camo type design and also plain colours. Not sure if they still stock them, but well worth a look for about 12 quid. I've had mine probably 3 years and it's still fine.