Digi camera for under £100 - Advice

Shine

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a digital camera that takes half decent picture and video for £100 or under?

Shine

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help.
As soon as I looked at both Fuji ones I wanted them, lol.... (dont know how to add smiley thing here on this new site :)

Also had a Sony Cyber-shot mobile last year and that took ok pictures. It was a little slow when taking them but they came out ok.

Its my birthday next month and my wife and I normally spend about 100 on each other so this year I want better camera than I have.

At the mo I have Kodak easyshare cx7310. Ok-ish but video mode has no sound.

captain carrott

Reaction score
well i'd say you wouldn't regret getting one of the fujis.
i love mine.
the only things that will beat them are going to cost you more than a grand and that's just for the lense

Shine

Reaction score
Just looking at reviews and clips on you tube of the s1000. Odd shape but has everything I'm looking for cc.
Argos are doing it £117.39. You can get it for £106 but those place seem to be sold out.

captain carrott

Reaction score
Just looking at reviews and clips on you tube of the s1000. Odd shape but has everything I'm looking for cc.
Argos are doing it £117.39. You can get it for £106 but those place seem to be sold out.

have a look at the whole fuji finepix S range before you go making a decision, they vary from camera to camera about the fine details. but you can often pick them up, quite cheapo, my other half got her s6500 from tesco for about a hundred notes.
mine cost me 300 for an s7000, you can't tell the difference between the shots we both take unless you're some analy retentive photo geek like mr monk

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
If I was in the market for a digi compact I'd seriously consider a mini camcorder that also takes still pics (most of them do). But first you need to ask yourself what you want the camera for. If it's just for viewing on the internet then you don't need anything fancy.

A mini camcorder will take both video and stills and some are smaller than many compact cameras. There are a few around the £100 - £130 bracket.

Shine

Reaction score
If I was in the market for a digi compact I'd seriously consider a mini camcorder that also takes still pics (most of them do). But first you need to ask yourself what you want the camera for. If it's just for viewing on the internet then you don't need anything fancy.

A mini camcorder will take both video and stills and some are smaller than many compact cameras. There are a few around the £100 - £130 bracket.

I was looking to go up a notch in my picture taking. Close in things (wildlife etc), and better picture quality for normal pictures. A video for taking clips. The video on my LG phone is naff. When I try get record something, (say my grandson) it just doesnt come out well.

Shine

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.

They all look and sound good. Everyone I've looked at, cameras and camcorders I want it :D

I have no idea what one I want.

The reviews and whats on the camera for the FinePix 5800 look ok.................. I think:eek:

Shine

Reaction score

Shine

Reaction score
Just looked at the 'review centre' for them and they got the score below.
Cheers for the help me ol' china

Uk Camera Store Www.Ukcamerastore.Co.Uk Review

Average Ratings
Customer Service 9.2/10
Quality of website 8.8/10
Value for Money 8.9/10
Reviewer Rating 8.1/10
Overall Rating 7.9/10
View Last 6 Months Only