Alvery vintage reel?

tortoise100

Reaction score
This could be the wrong place for this bit new on here.

I have purchased an alvery model 35 centrepin reel and it is in very good condition .

I have not used it yet but I can't find much info about old alvery reels in general, mine has sea fishing line on it and is very robust with a side cast button and an adjustable drag as well as a ratchit.

The only thing that is not as I expected is that it is not very free spinning and as I wanted to use this mainly freshwater for light tackle and trotting this is a bit of a hangup for me.

The free spinning capability is not down to wear in fact after cleaning lots of the thick grease off it has got slightly better but still not upto the standard I require.

I only paid £9 for this on ebay and would not mind keeping it for heavy tackle and sea fishing if I have to but if anybody has experiance of these and can let me know the score I would feel better informed there seems to be tons of them for sale in aus ebay but still not much info.

tortoise100

Reaction score
I have tried that

But it's info on there new stuff .
I am very impressed with the reel but need to know more about it maybe I should try some ausie forums they seem popular out there.