Dodgy Delk

P

Paul Williams

The last couple of times i have been out fishing two of my Delkims have played up, one worked when it felt like it and the other kept on working! it was very wet weather but i have not had that trouble before with them.
I have dried them out indoors and they are working fine so it was obviously the rain causing the problem.......any ideas on whether the original(if any!) waterproofing wears off and/or any ideas on how to improve things....eg spray on waterproofer?

D

David Will

Paul I had the same trouble with one of mine.Whatever you do do not attempt a DIY job.The symptoms were unreliability in he rain and loss of sensitivity.I sent it to Delkim , they sorted the problem , no more grief.They charged about ?7.00 if i recall and it was returned very quickly.Send it without a battery or the Police might blow it up !
This is the only problem I have had with mine since I purchased them a long time ago.

M

Marker

i had a problem with one of my delks a few years ago,one stopped working during really heavy rain....i sent mine back,and they just did a standard re-seal,cost me a fiver,and i had the alarm back within days,no problems since either.the after-sales service from delkim is excellent.

cheers mark.