How to catch one carp?

Shine

Reaction score
Been fishing on a lake now for over a year and can not get this 30lb carp. (Yes its in there).
I can get up to 5 doubles out in a day session, even a had a few 20's out but this one seems to be out my grasp.
Its a small lake, about and acre+ in size. No boilies, sweetcorn, maize, nuts allowed. Also no night fishing.
I've fished for it where it has been caught a few times. I've tried small and large baits (pellets, meat, maggots, foam pop-up etc).
I've tried sitting behind a buzzer, float fishing, bread on the top.

Is there any hints or tips anyone can give me to try and catch this fish or is it a case of keep doing the same things and it will come along one day?......Maybe.

Frothey

Reaction score
you either have to work your way through them, or find it feeding in hte edge. if there was a magic "big fish only" bait, everyone would be on it.

has it been caught recently?

Shine

Reaction score
Last time was about 3 weeks ago. I know theres no magic bait, just wanted to say what I've tried before people started saying try this, try that.
90% of the time I fish in the margins (sometimes as close a a foot in). Seems to work except for this one fish.
Forgot to ad. Only one rod between march and end of september.

Frothey

Reaction score
where did it get caught from last time? what bait? what time of day?

try and build up a pattern..... if there isn't one - just have to keep working through them.

it might also be worth feeding an area, but not fishing it until the smaller ones have cleaned it out.

Cakey

Reaction score
you can spend a life time chasing a fish ,let it come to you
or tell me and Frothey where it is and we will have it for you ;)

Shine

Reaction score
where did it get caught from last time? what bait? what time of day?

try and build up a pattern..... if there isn't one - just have to keep working through them.

it might also be worth feeding an area, but not fishing it until the smaller ones have cleaned it out.

Thanks Frothey. Thats given me more help/ideas. Never thought to find out what time of day it was caught. Havent tried feeding the area too. Cheers:w
Went there today. 3pm to 8. Had 2 15's a 16 and an 18 in that time. All caught less than 2 foot off the edge of the bank. No 20 or 30 though today. I did what you said earlier and walked around the lake to see if I could see any feeding. There was a few good size in one corner of the lake so I tried there... hence 4 for carp out:)

Cakey. Thats what I thought I would have to do, let it come to me. Just keep fishing the lake than one day.....maybe.
The lake is 15 mins from me cakes if that helps :D