Vitalin - Best preparation method

I

Iain Wishart

i have just bought some vitalin after reading about it being a good cheap carp groundbait. What is the best method of preparing it, best additives, hookbait etc? I will email the Kylie lingerie advert (view on Real Player - phooowarr) to the best response - now thats an INCENTIVE!!!!

C

Carp Angler

staright from one of my articles.
"Pour a large amount of Haiths Red Band into a bowl, mix in a generous amount of trout pellets and then cover them with copious amounts of boiling water. The trout pellets dissolve and you are left with pellet and aniseed smelling particles. I then mix the Vitalin into this and form cricket ball sized groundbait balls, I then put all these into a bowl and freeze them.

I freeze them for two reasons; one, I find that Vitalin goes crumbly several hours after it is made and the freezing stops this. Two, the duck population are unable to make any headway on the frozen balls when I chuck them in. They soon thaw out in the water leaving the bait on the lakebed for the fish. Also, the silver fish population soon clear away Vitalin if the carp don't find it."

Don't bother with the kylie advert, I wore my arm out on that one months ago.

I

Iain Wishart

HAHAHA....i know what you mean!!. Thanks for the info. Maybe you should become ambidextrous?

I have just ordered from Haiths...how long did it take for them to process your order...its been over a week...i'm not impressed!!!

C

Carp Angler

Mostly two to three days.

Have you phoned them to chase it?

Orders over ?15 post free and within 3 days, or so say their order terms.
I'd suggest that they may have misplaced or not received your order.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Ian,
I also add powdered milk to mine in small quantities, gives a cloud off in the water over the vitalin.
P.S.
I hav'nt seen the Kylie ad......where is IT!!!!!

R

Richard Harris

I like too add crushed (Hinders) tigers too. Gives off a milky cloud and the "nut without the nut" flavour for those waters with a ban on.