Rons on page 10

D

David Will

Nice photo of Ron Clay playing a Carp (or Catfish ?) page 10 Crafty Carper June 02.
Can you recall it Ron , you are stood next to Jim Gibbinson who used it to illustrate South African Carping and the use of TCP .

M

Marker

and another nice picture of me (lol) on page 24 in this weeks carp talk.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ron's given FM a good plug in this month's Angling Star so I'm on his side for a month at least.

Never seen a fish with a toupee and dimples Cakey.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Nah, it's Rik's bog roll and Stuart Dennis's pies.

G

Gary Knowles

Thanks Graham - I've just had a vision of Rik's bog roll wiping away the mess from Stuarts Dennis's pies..................not the most pleasant way to start the morning !!!!!!

R

Ron Clay

Ah memories!!

I think is was a carp????

I'll never live it down will I? Good old Gibbo spent 3 weeks with us and caught some nice cats from Hartbeestpoortdam and trout in Natal. That was in 1979. I still have all my hair by the way even though the colour has changed.

D

David Will

Ron what was the TCP all about ? J G say's the South Africans swore by it as an attractor.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Just seen your postings above Mr Marsden and Mr Knowles! Grrrrrr!

Although not relevant, I thought I’d post this here. I had a dream last night about the compo we are holding. To cut a long story short, I was fishing and went over to the carp park (of a lake I don’t recognise) to meet Graham who drove down with Ron Clay (truth), they were fussing about all over the lace and were chauffeured by a really camp guy in a thunderbirds suit (don’‘t ask). There was someone else who I can’t for the life of me recognise!. Anyways, being old gits, I was helping them get their gear out of the car and all the time this camp chauffeur was fussing all over them. Well, as I was picking up their gear, their rods started to fall apart and the cork was coming off all over the place. Eventually, we started to walk towards the swims and I was giving Graham and Ron a piggy back. Then out of he blue, that Git Gypsy Dave woke me up at 2:30 am (another vodka session no doubt) and ruined the whole thing!

God knows what all this means, especially the camp chauffeur bit! That’s the honest truth! I would have loved to have completed the dream! Its gonna be an interesting 12th June me finks! Bit worried about meeting Graham now though, he’ll probably turn up in a pink cowboy outfit riding Shetland pony!

Sorry had to write all this down, I was going out of my mind!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
A message for Ron Clay

Ron I spoke to Richard, the father of young James Farrow this morning, who read your posts on the 'Carp Angler Tradedgy'. He spoke very highly of both of you and asked me to pass on his regards. He's also got a couple of your books Graham too.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
sorry, start again, he spoke very highly of both you and Graham!

Don't worry I've now put him straight!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Graham, please take the above post off. My message surrounding the above are both honourable and resepctable.

D

Dave Johnson

at least you didn'y incorporate the mpeg I sent you last Thurs into your dream....aaaaaaahhhhggggg!!!!

R

Ron Clay

TCP is of course a very common antiseptic.

I first heard of it's use as a bait dip in South Africa, ca 1970. Personally I don't like the ingredients in this stuff and wouldn't recommend it's use these days. It might pollute the water. I think there are PCBs used in it's make up. I'll check the formula and get back.

R

Ron Clay

As I thought. TCP contains Chlorinated Phenols, Phenol, Iodinated Phenols and sodium salicylate. It is very efficatious against gram - and gram + bacteria and also recommended as a mouth wash.

Wouldn't recommend that you chuck this stuff in a river or lake.