June Angling Star

R

Ron Clay

On the front cover, a picture of the recently caught 7lb 13 oz record Yorkshire chub. This was taken from Damflask Reservoir near Sheffield on Trigga boilies. What a truly impressive fish.

Jim McDonald wants to keep the close season, Dave Tipping fishes the Dorset Frome for grayling, Simon Crow shows us how to tie hair rigs, Graham tells us how to catch barbel in weir pools and The work against cormorants by Martin Read is praised.

In addition you can read what it is like to live in the South Yorkshire mining village of Coalthorpe, a humour piece bt Ron Tickle. (It's actually Barnsley but names have been changed to protect innocent people involved)

There are some interesting facts about Martin Salter MP who is an avid supporter of angling and yours truly has a go at the ugliness of some commercial water. And there is lots lots more.

All for 65p. You really can't miss this issue!!

M

Mike Harrison

I picked up a copy of Angling Star at NEC Go Fishing when I was there and was suitably impressed! Trouble is as I live in Kent none of my local newsagents have even heard of it never mind stock it nor have any of the tackle shops. Who publishes it? as I will definitly take out a subscription, cos I think its a great read.

J

Jamie Cox

Yes it does sound good, but i have trouble finding the AT down here in plymouth - so there won't be much luck find the Star :-(

Jamie

B

Bob Watson

I get this paper but have misplaced the last couple of issues, when I get the current issue (readily available in the north east) I'll post details for subscriptions.

F

Fred Bonney

It's been on before this is Ron's earlier posting
To get Angling Star send your details to

Subscriptions Dept
Angling Star
Sheffield Star
York Street
Sheffield
S1 1PU

Together with a cheque or PO for ?10.95

You will get a years copies.

You can phone them on 0114 2767676 or Email them on starangling@rim.co.uk

K

Kevan Farmer

Totally agreed Ron. It is a bostin' paper and in my mind far better than the weeklies.

Ron, check your e-mail mate. I'm writing to you about something we discussed a month or so ago :) It's not sent yet though.

Kevan

R

Ron Clay

Thanks chaps.

The cost of a yearly sub has gone up to ?11.52 by the way. This was caused by the last GPO hike on postage