Have you caught a 40lb+ carp

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
My PB carp is a 29lb 10oz mirror and has been since last year but I`ve now made it my mission to land a 40lb`er, I`ve just joined a essex syndicate hold carp to 48lb in 3 of there lakes and I`ve just ordered 10kg of nash scopex-squid-robin red fresh boilies for my trip next week (saturday through to wed or thursday) and I can`t wait to get out there, these simmonds carp seem to munch a lot but I hope not to use it all on this one session and they have old english pedigree carp too in a few lakes. So alot of my time fishing will be spent on my new syndicate when ever I can.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Good luck with your mission for the 40 Catman. 10 k of bait most have cost you a fair bit

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I paid a fair price for it but its a proven bait, so well worth it. The only thing now is I want to try some mainline pro-active pineapple boilies, I`m now only going to be using freshly made frozen boilies from now on.

quattro

Reaction score
No I haven't caught a 40. Don't think I've ever seen one (apart from **** Walker's 44 in an aquarium:rolleyes:). I know it sounds a bit like sour grapes, but I'm more interested catching as many fish as I can in a session, than targetting single big ones, but then I'm not a specimen hunter as I know many are.
Good luck with your quest. I suppose the next will be a 50 then a 60:)

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
There`s probably more chance of a thirty but the 40`s are the ones i`m hoping to get, there`s a couple of them in there along with a few very high 30`s. Don`t get me wrong any sized fish is always a welcomed catch and I may not catch a biggie this season but I ain`t got a chance if i`m not there putting in the time and effort. Since my last 48 hour trip at a ****, hyped up rumoured great lake and expensive fishery I had a couple of skimmers and 2 cats to 1.1/2 to 2lb as you can guess I wasn`t chuffed at all, so I asked myself why did I want to go to these pressued busy weekend day ticket fisheries and pay these over rated venues. I`d rather blank on a big fish water than one with hundreds of 20lb`ers in, It just doesn`t give me the buzz it used too.

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

Not yet Dan
Hi mate sooner or later it will be

Cakey

Reaction score
:D :wh :wh

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

psst Graham and Frothey both had 50+

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
You`ve had a forty cakey??
HHmmm 50+ one day one day but a 50+ in a UK water that would be surreal

Last edited:

Cakey

Reaction score
no............................Ive had a few:D:D:D

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

this one just made it

picture.php

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I know I`ve seen your pic`s...

Wow a very nice one indeed, how long did it take for you to track that down. Your the man cakey

Last edited:

Cakey

Reaction score
we was fishing in France (me and Wayne) and it was the biggest cock up weve ever done ,we was fishing in pegs 1 and 2 not catching a lot when I looked left and kept seeing lots of splashes up the other end of the lake .
on investigating we saw just about every carp in the lake jumping out of the water up to six at a time so we went back and got a couple of rods each and with in 1/2 hour we had a 40 each on the bank with a few smaller ones so we decided to move .
big big mistake
a chap move into no 1 and in three days had 40 odd 30 lbers
something like 10 40 lbers and the horse at 54 lb I think
we didnt catch a lot more where we moved to :(:(:(

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
How frustrating that must have been to witness but still had a good couple of forties. I bet you felt like bopping him on the head and moving back into your old peg

Cakey

Reaction score
yep every time we looked up he was in playing another fish ,when we spoke to him he had run out of bait,pellets and pva

quattro

Reaction score
Talking about Richard Walker's 44lb "Clarissa", how did he manage to get it from Redmire pool to London Zoo in one piece. And with reference to a thread on the general forum, did he have permission from the owner?

Dave Burr

Reaction score
j peg

Don't go there mate, somethings are best left well alone ;)

And I've never had or even seen a 40. I've just joined a syndicate where a big 20 is about all I can hope for - or a fish that meows, and I will enjoy it and hope to contact the biggest in the lake.

I'll move onto a 30's water in good time but its not just about the weight.