Landing net nut thingy

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
I know its not a rod building question, but this forum does seem to be turning into a bit of a tackle repair section, so thought I'd ask here.

I have a grande slam energie landing rod which my bro managed to strip the thread from whilst attempting to screw in the landing net. (The joys of leaving a non-angler to setup your gear whilst you nip to the loo! He also carefully threaded the line on to two rods, put on the floats and split shot ready to go without remembering to open the bail arm. I only noticed after casting out :rolleyes:)

Anyway, its a cheap landing net pole but I hate to throw things away, particularly as its only been used twice, so I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the threaded bit from? Its secured with glue so I was able to get it out via heating the glue and tugging with some pliars but none of the hardware stores I use carry anything similar.

Cheers.

sagalout

Reaction score
It's 3/8 BSF thread. There is a useful and helpful guy on ebay fishingkev1964 that makes bespoke items including banksticks (which have the same thread) you couldask him nicely to sell you one.

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
Not too much of a problem is it? remove spool, open bail arm, refit spool, close bail arm. Simples.

Well, now I too feel like an idiot.... I spent ages rewinding the line on by hand, taking everything off, then redoing it properly... :rolleyes:

Thanks sagalout, I'll send him a message and see if he can help out.