Different Member Ratings

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Can someone please tell me why some people are classed as members, some senior members and others moderators.
How do they get classified in them rankings?
What is the difference between a senior member and just a member for example?

Just being nosey and wondering why.

Tight Lines

Red Army

Reaction score
That's based on their number of posts. Now sure after how many you move to another category here but that's the same on most forum. Although categories can be different.

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Forgot to say there's no relation with the quality, relevance or accuracy of posts just the number. So someone could have posted only pure and absolute cr@p but be senior...or they just constantly do what I just did and use 2 posts when they could have said everything in just one :D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the classifications for 'Members' versus 'Senior Members'

The Moderators are appointed by the Managing Editor and we try to keep the posts within the Rules and Guidelines for the site.

There are 3 of us at the moment, Neil Maidment, Eddie Cardus and myself.

Then there are Jeff and Geoff who are the two Features Editors and at the top of the tree there is Graham (McWallet) Marsden who is the Managing Editor.

PS, only Editors and moderators have ever seen the mythical McWallet.

[insert a big smiley thing - - - - - - ? Right H E R E]

Hope this clarifies . . . . . .

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
It is purely on number of posts. I think over 500 qualifies you as 'Senior' but as Mr Red says there's no guarantee that those 500 posts have been anything other than complete twoddle.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that anyone on here posts twaddle (ahem).

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
PS, only Editors and moderators have ever seen the mythical McWallet.

Ah! That's the defining quaification. Once you have seen "the wallet" you are awarded such posts as editors or perhaps just a big pay-off to keep your big fat gob shut. Well, it worked with me.

I only reported once that Graham had thrown "the wallet" into the boot area of my car and it went down on the suspension until it hit the bump stops. With that I was promised that never again would I have to scratch around for a meal, GM would provide.

So, Stealth, all I can suggest is to get posting until your reach "Senior" status or failing that, post a blank cheque to me and I will ensure you get it once the unspecified sum has been rightfully transferred to my Nigerian bank account.
:D

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
Just a thought , what has happened to the other "mod " ,Chris the Bish ?:confused: