nutty carp

C

Chrisx Ess

Has anybody tried using Van Den Eynde "Nutty Carp Loaf"? Is it any good? I've heard it's selling like hot cakes here - everybody's catching on it.

C

Carp Angler

Haven't heard any real reports on it, but my local shop are selling loads of it.

The power of peanuts......

C

Chrisx Ess

Some venues have banned nuts - peanuts, tiger nuts, (other nuts?). Why? Is there a real reason?

R

Roto Fryer

chriss the problem comes with overstocked waters that have little or no natural feedstuffs available add this to the overuse of nuts & bad or no preperation and we have a potential problem.
there is no scientific evidence to suggest properly prepared nuts used in moderation will cause harm to carp, however, owners prefer to be safer rather than sorry.

C

Chrisx Ess

Roto, you mention bad preparation. How do you mean? What sort of bad preparation is a problem, and what constitutes "proper preparation"? I'm interested in preparing my own baits, hence my curiosity.

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

If things like nuts and seeds are not properly prepared, by soaking and cooking, they can swell up in a carps stomach causing serious problems, or even death!!! Try and get hold of the Beekay Guide to Carp Baits, it explains how to prepare all different type of particle, it is very informative!
Hope this helps!

C

Chrisx Ess

Thanks gentil knight. (Are you alone and palely loitering?) I've never hear of this Beekay Guide. Where might I find it? I was thinking of using peanut butter as an ingredient. Would this be ok ? It is well cooked, at least.

C

Chrisx Ess

I've not caught on the nutty carp loaf yet, by the way - though I've only tried it twice.

C

craig allary

that I like wat you have put on your digital diary but you need to simplyfie your words and how you put them in to you computer but evry thing elts is ok the reson why you need to simplyfey your words is so that the 6 yerolds can under stand wat your seying I am 14 yers old and I can only just understand wat you are seying

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Craig, I'm sorry you can't understand what I'm saying but it's not really feasible to write for this website as though everyone is a six year old.

Apart from Brummie, Rik, Chub, Stuart and Cakey, that is, who know lots of four letter words.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
i can do more than four leta word gram! look:

food, grub, fish, booz, fags,

more food, more grub, more fish, more booz, more fags!

see!

A

andrew jackson

I think you will get ample opertunity to give your four letter words an airing over the next few days Stuart.