Dog biscuits

T

Tolan Williams

Can anyone give some advice on which variety of dog biscuit is best, and how best to prepare them as I presume tying a bonio on the hook isn't quite the idea!

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Chum mixer is the usual one used, the best way to fix it to the hook is to cut a small groove into the biscuit and superglue the hook shank into the groove, chum mixer lasts appx 15mins on the hook before it swells and falls off.
You can also colour and flavour the mixer for diffent attraction.

W

Wendy Perry

When i've used dog biscuits Tolan i have used chum mixer as well but i put them on to little bait bands which you can get from your local tackle shop .Then you slip your hook thru the band itself and slide it up the shank of the hook to leave the hook free .

J

Jon Moores

Aldi's get my vote. Good mixers and very cheap at ?1.60 for 4 kilo. Personally I always use them soaked. They catapult better and I much prefer to be able to put them on the hook.

C

Chrisx Ess

I use Asda's biscuits. I drill them and put them on a hair rig. They last longer than 1/4 of an hour - more like 1/2. I use them like this to pop up sweetcorn and mussels. It works!

I

Ian Whittaker

Winalot has a good mixture in it .I usually mix my hoobaits in an old "bum bag"( aka a "stalkers belt" but a lot cheaper!) with a few trout pellets and well soaked pop ups, and use the Aldi/Netto type mixers to get the interest going.

M

Malcolm Bason

My father-in-law's dog is over-weight, and the vet gave it some 'diet' dog biscuits! These have a hole through them and and two or three will stay on a hair perfectly.

They are perfect, unfortunately they have all gone (well the dog's supply has LOL) and I can't remember what they are called.

A

Andrew Sugden

I was talking to a carp angler who has had success with dog biscuits popped up off the bottom. Chum mixer do not last long but he had some from an expensive brand, poss. Iams. These would stay on the hook for 3 hours. Any ideas ?

C

Colyn Nelson

having managed to convince my dogs that my need is greater than theirs Tesco premium mixer biscuits have proved to be as good as the old stlye chum mixers.any that dontget used the dogs can have back.