Upper Trent

Rich P

Reaction score
Hi All,

Not expecting reams of info but does anyone know of a potential barbel-holding stretch upstream of Nottingham. I'm planning a visit to the Trent in September but really haven't a clue. Thanks in advance.

Rich

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
well ,99.99% is controlled by clubs without daytickets ! the likes of pride of derby ,derby railway anglers club ,burton mutral and derby county ac etc there was one place i knew that did day tickets but herd they`d stopped

so the option is too spend £40+ for a annual subcription too one of the above clubs ,which means a average cost of a commercial fishery is say £5 a day so 8 or more trips wuld be needed for the cost of a annual ticket worthwhile plus theres the access too that clubs other waters like ponds etc its looks like even better value for money.

of the clubs mentioned derby county only has access too the lower derwent where it mearges with the trent ,pride of derby has limited access too the trent ,DRAC and burton mutral have the best access too the trent but burton has a proximity clause in that only those within a certain distance of burton can join .DRAC is your best bet and they have miles and miles of bank too choose from every inch capable of holding barbel.

http://www.drac.org.uk/membership/membership.htm

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hi Rich, S-on T angling Society have 2 very good stretches, easy acces, £100 to join, then £80 a year, also have 2 very good waters near you, Redesmere and Capesthorne

Rich P

Reaction score
Thanks chaps. It's a one-off visit so may have to re-think. Perhaps the Severn might be a better option......unless you know of anything day ticket-wise on the Middle Trent?

Cheers,

Rich

Andy Tully

Reaction score
There's South Muskham fisheries, also called A1pits, they do day tickets £5 a day or £10 if you want to bivvy up. I've heard lots of good reports on the place, but haven't fished it myself yet (planning a trip down next week). - Their Forum

EDIT - sorry I've never fished the trent, this may be downstream of nottingham...

Last edited: