Fishing in the wind

davegn

Reaction score
Are any of you lot as fed up as I am with this lousy summer weather?
I mean, it's not just the rain, it's the wind!
I was stood talking to a friend when my brolly, which was attached to my Korum chair and hammered well in, suddenly took off!
All my bait, which was almost untouched went in the water allong with disgorger, shot dispenser and other items!
If there is one thing I detest when fishing it is wind!
Glad to get this off my chest!

strut5a

Reaction score
I'm a bit disapointed that a hardy northerner should be complaining about a bit of bad weather, I could understand it from one of those southern woofters.
Get yourself a couple of storm poles for you brolly and sit on a proper chair like a real angler.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
A hardy northerner wouldn't have a brolley, he'd stick a copy of the Daily Sport over his napper just to keep his roll up dry.
And as for sitting, he'd be sat in one of them colourful fold away deck chairs.
Catching Roach and Gudgeon on his Beach Caster and Multiplier Reel to 80lb mono and a size 2 Aberdeen sea hook.
Whilst sitting in his Speedo's and Lime Green Flip Flops LOL :D

strut5a

Reaction score
A hardy northerner wouldn't have a brolley, he'd stick a copy of the Daily Sport over his napper just to keep his roll up dry.
And as for sitting, he'd be sat in one of them colourful fold away deck chairs.
Catching Roach and Gudgeon on his Beach Caster and Multiplier Reel to 80lb mono and a size 2 Aberdeen sea hook.
Whilst sitting in his Speedo's and Lime Green Flip Flops LOL :D

You been sitting behind me trying to get a few tips?

strut5a

Reaction score
Tips? No, not me, i was trying to read the bit in the Sport about a Giant Fish found swimming around Uranus <shudders> at images :D

You should have a word with his Lordship about that. If your bothered about having Pisces emerging from Uranus he will be able to tell you what it means.:w

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
well that reminds me a of a day last year . A monster gust of wind took me chair keepnet landing net 4 bait boxes, a plastic box wiv over £50 worth of hooks to nylon and a load of small stuff .Plus me fishingmagic cap too. got me chair and nets back but the river was flowing at speed and i lost the rest. But did i come on here moaning and cursing about the wind , YOU BET I F******* DID.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Thanks but no Thanks, one thing i have learnt about anyone enquiring about anything on here to do with Uranus, Cakey's name always shows up Hee hee

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Chubberbob, have you tried diacalm, should help with your wind problem :D

Chris Season32

Reaction score
A true Northerner ties a Staffy to his brolly. Keeps scrotes at bay, an escaped brolly returns with a whistle and a dog biscuit.

klik2change

Reaction score
Tips? No, not me, i was trying to read the bit in the Sport about a Giant Fish found swimming around Uranus <shudders> at images :D

Just a thought about the story in the daily Spurt. Where there any Poles swimming about with spear guns, chasing this fish? Was it a carp?