My new PB kitty

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Just got back from a 3 day session on a local water to me. First 2 nights and only 1 bite resulting in a 19 lb 2oz cat so things were a bit slow but when the swim I originally wanted to be on came available so I jumped straight in there for the last night and I had 9 cats with the biggest my new PB 29 lb 10oz I got no sleep at all, I lost 6 cats due to the amount of weed in the lake but no snap off`s but still 10 cats in total isnt bad going all weighing in at 237lb . Great trip but with no kip last night I`m shattered and the sunset last night was a great sight. Tight lines all
30-07-09_2027.jpg

I would of said it was over 30lb but the scales didn`t say so, still well chuffed
30-07-09_2058.jpg

The picture doesnt look half as good as being there..

Last edited:

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Congrats Dan, that looks like a very calm swim, just before the action starts :) . You can catch up on your sleep anytime but that sounds like an excellent session.

Cakey

Reaction score
well done Dan the Man

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

kin ugly aint they

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
"Just got back from a 3 day session on a local water to me. First 2 nights and only 1 bite resulting in a 19 lb 20z cat"

Congrats first of all but is this your way of understating 20lb 4oz? ;)

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
That was a typo error which I corrected hours ago, god you lot get a grip and get of your keyboards and get fishing

Last edited:

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
Well done Dan the man , well worth the lack of sleep .:cool: :D

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Nice kitten, well done Danny boy :)......you can't beat a sunrise or sunset on a lake or river can ya, they just awesome.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Many thanks everyone for all your kind comments, Well Nick bait wise I took 3 kilo of T1 20mm boilies and 1 kilo of pre-drilled 21mm halibuts for hook bait. Rigs were simple running rigs as cats dont like resistance so kept it free running, 35lb jrc camo coated braid hooklength 8" to size 3 kamasan maxx carp hook with 3 T1 20mm`ers or 3 or 4 21mm halibuts hair-rigged. Fished over a bed of boilies and a few pellets. I would usually use 45lb fox armadillo hooklink braid or kryston ton up which I have just started using as the fishery banned braided hooklinks unless fully coated and at the moment jrc`s offers the highest breaking strain coated braid but is still on 35lb, its ample but not for snaggy or clogged weed lakes, my pb cat had about 5 lb of weed caught up on the line too.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Good fishing Cat man well done mate

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Cheers Rickrod. Another thing is when I was at the lake and all lakes I fish for cats I was the only one using a glove to unhook cats as it makes life so much easier as you can get a firm grip in the cats mouth to stop it turning and thrashing about on the unhooking mat and to keep the mouth open for easier unhooking, you can see mine in the first pic its a chemical glove about 3mm thick and works a treat, just an idea chaps