Jacks Lake, Cockfosters

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
I have been considering heading up to Jacks Lake in cockfosters/barnet and wondered if anyone on here had fished there? If so any advice on pegs/swims or baits the carp are fond of would be appreciated. Haven't caught a carp before so i'm hoping I might have a bit of better luck on a commercial instead of a free lake.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
It's about 3.5 ft deep nearly everywhere, with lily beds in the edges between most of the swims, at least one isolated lily beds, and three floating islands for fish refuge and nesting terns - I think. Unless you see carp moving in open water (cue floaters (ducks permitting) or zig-rigs), then either the line of the outer margins of the lilies or the extreme bankside margins (esp. at last light) should do it.
Meat, bread, mixers, corn, boilies, worms all work; Favourite swims seem to be 1, 19, 20, 27, and all the swims along the dam (13 - 17, I think.)
Talk to the bailiffs, they see the place every day and know what's what!

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

P.S. I've emailed you.

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
Cheers, I read up on some of the match reports - method feeders with corn were the top three winners for a couple of matches so I thought that might be a good option, apart from the fact that im terrible with method feeders - I think I don't recast them often enough.