How long is yours'?

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Right, my missus reckons that I am not going fishing and must be doing a Seaman when I go out all day :wh. "Nobody fishes for ten hours a day" says her highness! I did it all wrong, got married then started fishing again. If only I had fished before she ensnared me! :mad:

Apart from the odd evening session, my question is ......... how long is your average day out?

S

Scott Whatmore

I'd say between 8-12 hours during summer and only 4-6 hours at other times.

strut5a

Reaction score
A day session is about 10 hours but I can sometimes go all night, not bad for a man of my age. I'm thinking of taking up fishing soon.

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
I do a fair bit of evening fishing usually four or five hours but when I'm out with my partner fishing on the weekends then we tend to take a picnic and spend 12 - 16 hours out fishing, dawn till dusk.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I did a 14 hour session last week.
I'm more inclined to fish 6 hours from just before dawn, or 6 hours through dusk into darkness.

Not a big fan of night fishing, I've never found it to be productive enough to spoil the next days activities through lack of sleep.:mad:

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I got back yesterday from a 72 hour session on a local lake to me, it should of been 5 days but it went pete tong and I had to go to a different lake, the missus was fine with it. Grumpy git do your homework when finding a dishwasher for life as fishing ALWAYS come first, well in my household it does

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

I did a 14 hour session last week.
I'm more inclined to fish 6 hours from just before dawn, or 6 hours through dusk into darkness.

Not a big fan of night fishing, I've never found it to be productive enough to spoil the next days activities through lack of sleep.:mad:
I would say its productive night fishing for instance on my last session I had 9 cats on the last night and broke my PB and I had no sleep what so ever, as my swim must have been in abundance with cats as I was getting liners and sort of half runs every couple of minutes, I was vertually purched on the edge of my bed chair all night.

supgen

Reaction score
there is'nt enough hours in a day :D

my girlfriend is the same- she just doesnt understand. I'm begining to think its jealousy as she aint got much in the way of hobbies herself.

wat ya reckon???

Chris Season32

Reaction score
More likely she doesn't trust you Jonnie :D

Between 6 - 14 hours max. Weather and temp' usually the deciding factor.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Short sessions about 6 hours, longer sessions are ..... er.... longer......

Rickrod

Reaction score
When piking in winter i start when its dark and come home when its dark At the moment i've been having short trips after the eels fishing 2 to 6 hours around dusk into night

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Anywhere between 8 and 12 hours, depending on how the fishing is going and whether the weather takes a turn for the worse.
The mrs doesn't mind as i don't take the P!ss, i go on average once a week.

quattro

Reaction score
8 hours on seatbox concentrating on a tiny red dot is enough for me these days, after that my back begins to go:eek::eek:

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
there is'nt enough hours in a day :D

my girlfriend is the same- she just doesnt understand. I'm begining to think its jealousy as she aint got much in the way of hobbies herself.

wat ya reckon???

i reckon you're cock on mate. mine is just the same. if she has something to do, i could fish round the clock, she wouldnt care. if she has nothing to do, she's on the phone after two hours saying i've been ages.

session length is dictated by where, what for, and who i'm fishing with.

summer coarse fishing, as long as i can get away with, but typically 4-8 hours from dawn to dinner, or afternoon to after dark.
summer spinning/jigging, 2-3hrs at dawn or dusk, occasionally i'll go for both and take a break in the day.
winter coarse, 4hrs or so, will extend depending on whether i'm catching.
winter piking, 3-4hrs.
i occasionally night fish when i can convince the wench to let me, and if i can get rid of her for a few days, i will usually book time off work and fish the whole time, longest session so far having been 7 days solid

Specihunter

Reaction score
From a few hours to 4 days as thats how many i have off in between shifts.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
my favorite session is a two-hour raid in the middle of winter, last hour and a half of light and the first 30 mins of dark, chubbing with cheesepaste... it's not long enough to get really cold so you don't need to take anything more than rod, reel, net, rod-rest, weights, hooks, a big ball of cheesepaste and a disgorger.

Other than that, I'll fish for as long as I can... when I can (that's a bit few and far between though!)