Fox Stratos 7000e Problem

Matthew White

Reaction score
Hi All

When fishing on Saturday I noticed the Anti Reverse on my Fox Stratos 7000e was failing to work properly. The Anti Reverse was on and I was able to turn the handle backwards a couple of times. I played around with it a bit, and sometimes it works straight away, sometimes it takes half a turn, sometimes a couple of turns.

Is this a fault?

I have had the reel for a couple of years now and never had a problem with it.

If this is a fault what can I do about it?

Matt

A

alan whittington

Matthew,i had the same problem,but it only seemed to manifest itself in cold conditions,which is a nightmare as thats when the heaviest flows are,i was extremely miffed and now have little confidence in it and sing the praises only of daiwa and shimano.All the best Alan

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
Hi Matthew,
I have had two faults with my 7000e's one fault was the bait runner would intermittently not disengage and the second fault was the baitrunner lever snapped. The shop where I bought them (Quay Stores, Torquay) replaced both immediately without quibble.

A

alan whittington

No probs changing the reel,just wonder on the inherent quality of the product in the first instance,its the second time mine's been returned as the spool fell apart without disengaging.

andy_venn

Reaction score
I have had the fox stratos 7000e for two years now and never had a problem with it at all.based on that i went and brought the 7000 slighty bigger came with two metal spools, well what a lovley reel to use time may very well tell but at the moment no problems to report.

guest61

Reaction score
I've got four Fox FS7000e's - although I've read about a number of issues mine haven't missed a beat in (I think) three years. This being the case I'd buy them again and recommend them.

Mark

m chapman

Reaction score
7000e

Me and my brother went to Goa earlier this year, when we got back r kid found his reel had a considerable amount of sand in it, he rang Fox and asked how much to service it?I think it was about £35, so he posted it and about a week later received a brand new 7000, with a spare spool- Customer Service at its best

A

alan whittington

I have had the fox stratos 7000e for two years now and never had a problem with it at all.based on that i went and brought the 7000 slighty bigger came with two metal spools, well what a lovley reel to use time may very well tell but at the moment no problems to report.
Well Andy,no disrespect to you,but i have used mine 3-4 times and have no confidence in them whatsoever(mine is the metal spooled variety),especially as i have never had problems from new with either diawa or shimano reels(never had a problem with 10 year old ones either).;)

barbelbuster

Reaction score
I have had the reel for a couple of years now and never had a problem with it.

If this is a fault what can I do about it?

Matt[/QUOTE]

Replying as a professional buyer I would say this isn't a design fault or everyone would have the same problem.Therefore assuming you have not miss used it it must be a manufacturing fault (this could include faulty parts).
Whilst it only carries 12 months warranty in reality it should last much longer.
As other replies praise Fox service I would try to get foc repair/replacement, its worth a letter or phone call you can't lose anything. However don't get aggressive with them, this never produces the right result.

sagalout

Reaction score
Fox after sales is the best.

I rung them about a problem on a two year old product, the chap said "send it back, I'll repair or replace it", I was a cheecky sod, and asked about refund of the postage cost. He said to take it to the place I bought it and the rep would pick it up. The rep gave the shop a credit note and binned the item.

Superb!

barbel liam

Reaction score
hi Matthew
Personally I haven't herd any thing good about these reels even my local tackle shop dealers suggested I stay away from them, i think the best bet is to get your self some Shimarno 10,000s or even better Korum kxi 60's there cheep and reliable.

Rich P

Reaction score
Fox after sales is the best.

I rung them about a problem on a two year old product, the chap said "send it back, I'll repair or replace it", I was a cheecky sod, and asked about refund of the postage cost. He said to take it to the place I bought it and the rep would pick it up. The rep gave the shop a credit note and binned the item.

Superb!

Their after-sales may be spot on, but perhaps that's down to the poor production. I'd rather have a great reel and not need after-sales! I had a FS7000E for two seasons: Reeling in was heavy at the best of times (compared to my cheaper Okumas), then the gearing went when I has playing a double figured barbel, though I don't think the size of the fish was the issue. The reel was consigned to the dustbin thereafter. The whole episode was disappointing really, as the reel design and finish was excellent.....

I'm pleased the hear there are a few about still and the owners haven't had a problem. However, there's been too much (mainly anecdotal) evidence to the contrary and, with my experience added to that, I really can't recommend them.....