Top three pole roost

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I fished Clattercote recently with Scott and stopped to chat with an obvious match angler with bits sprouting out of his box like a porcupine but his top 3 roost caught my eye. It was a bit like a set of pan pipes, six 6 inch alloy tubes about 1 inch in dia. spaced on a 1ft arm so the top 3 pushed down into the tube which meant he didn't have to lay the top 3's on the boards for someone to tread on. "Brilliant" says I, "where did you get that contraption" to which said he couldn't remember but he thought maybe an angling show somewhere.

Now I have searched the web high and low and can't find one so I was wondering if any of you pole anglers had seen or know where to get one of these?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hello Graham,

I have absolutely no idea, i have never heard of or seen a roost like the one you have described.
They are usually just Foam with "U" shapes cut out of them.
Perhaps it is a custom made Pole Roost that someone was sellling as a proto type at an angling show.

slb

Reaction score
They are called a rocket launcher roost. Sure Milo do them, but they are quite pricey.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Nope, the one I mean looks nothing like that, his ones were attached to a 1ft arm that attached to the back leg of his box and the tubes were about 6 inches long as I said above..