P B crucian

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
Hi folks , just wanted you all to know i had a pb crucian today at 2lb 8oz . Had it verified by three blokes cos i wasnt shure. Dont know how to get a pic on here so have stuck it in me album. Cor aint i chuffed.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Here you go Bob:

picture.php

BarryC

Reaction score
Maybe its my eyes but that looks like a little common carp to me.

Sorry Bob.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Well done Bob,

That does look like a nice fish.

It does look very much like a small carp, but it could just be the picture and how you're holding the fish.
Never the less, a nice little fish :D

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
thought that myself but it has no barbules so i took it as a crucian , thats why i asked 3 others they all said it was , but if you say it aint then i go with that. I thought crucian were deeper in body too_Oh well nevermind.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Bob,

It could well be a Crucian Carp, it's often very difficult to tell from Photo's, so don't get to dis heartened.
If you think it's a Crucian and others felt it was a Crucian, then until proven other wise it is a Crucian, and as i said before, well done it is still a nice looking fish.

Tight Lines

captain carrott

Reaction score
apart from the shape of the head, the shape of the body and the colour of the fins it looks just like a crucian though :D

hard luck on that one, but like others have said it might just be the way it's being held and the angle of the picture making it look like a common.

maybe cakey should take you fishing with him for a day as a consolation

Last edited:

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
should have taken a pic of it on the mat it looks completely different whe laying down. The fishery owner first thought it was an f1 but then dismissed that when the other two blokes came up and pointed out a few things, he even asked me to send the pics and a report to angling time and mail , so i was sure he was right , But i,m glad i didnt feel a bit of a plonker now. As i,m mainly a chub and roach bloke i dont know a lot about carp. Still i had a good day out. Thanks all. And by the way thanks graham for helping with pic.

captain carrott

Reaction score
absolutely no reason to feel a plonker at all.
we've all made mistakes in identification, it might be as you say an f1 as it looks like a small common but you ssaid it had no barbules. so you've just set your pb for f1's then