Snag Fishing for Big Carp

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK,

I feel that there are going to be some traditonalists out there that are going to be spitting there dummies way across the FM foyet when they read this one :D

For me it was a very good interesting right up, with some good tips for anyone who is thinking of giving snag fishing a try.

Tight Lines :D

Marker

Reaction score
seems like good advice to me, i think the key is cutting down the safety clip or removing the tail rubber altogether, if you drop the lead you greatly increase the chance of landing your fish;):cool:

Chris Frankish 2

Reaction score
I think it's a very good article about the capture of a proper carp from a snaggy area of the lake concerned with some good tips about setting up tackle in order to safely fish to snags for carp and feeding then outside of the snag to encourage them to venture out of the snags.

An enjoyable read!

I would have liked to have seen, however, as its an article about snag fishing as a method, more mention the other logistics of fishing to snags like making sure that the rod cannot move or be ripped from the buzzer head and or back rests and so on.

supgen

Reaction score
I think the modified lead clip is good and safe, but I think there is a lot to be said for the standard running rig. with a big running ring attached, a heavy lead and tight bobbin, with a good strong mailine straight through I would be more confident.... gotta have some mighty hooks for the job too. no messing around... no mistakes should be made.

dezza

Reaction score
That's a good piece Cat.

It reminds me of a lake in the 70s where I used to pull carp over 15 lbs out into the open from dense lily stalks by holding on and walking backwards.

The secret to landing fish like these in snags is hooking them and keeping them coming towards you. Let a fish get its head down and it's over.

Reaction score
Cracking article Shane,

Snag fishing is all about safety and you've really thought your approach through. Great fishing matey and a fitting tribute! :)

Skoda

Reaction score
Great article Shane. I wish I'd read it a couple of days ago. I got taken into some lilies yesterday by a carp; I need to visualise the action before it starts.
Andy

CAT

Reaction score
Glad you all liked the article thanks for all the positive feed back.