Catching The Impossible DVD - Pts 4 - 6

dazdidge

Reaction score
I already have the first DVD (parts 1-3) which I enjoyed immensely.

The second DVD covers parts 4 to 6, each 60 minutes long. Part 4 (A Sport for all Seasons) is self explanatory, Part 5 (Going Against the Flow) follows the River Avon from source to finish and Part 6 (A Winters Gift) looks at fishing in the winter for perch and Zander.

As usual the quality of the filming is amazing. The underwater camera work is absolutely stunning and captiated me from start to finish. Although the two stars can at times appear a little wooden, what I really like is the fact that they clearly enjoy their fishing. Just like the first DVD it reminded me of how I enjoyed fishing as young boy - although I wanted to catch a big fish I was just as happy catching whatever came along. Far too many other DVDs are too serious and miss the whole point of what fishing should really be about - just enjoying the scenery, wildlife and company of a friend.

I particularly enjoyed the underwater footage of a large shoal of hungry perch chasing prey fish. Big perch are, in my opinion, the most impressive of our freshwater fish. To see them in their natural habitat was fantastic.

In summary, although I enjoyed the first DVD more, I will definitely never tire of watching this one again and again. My overall score is 9/10; had it not been so expensive it would've been full marks all round.

My advice is - buy the DVD, send your wife to your mother-in-laws for the weekend, put your feet up and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Piker

Reaction score
Watched the first 3 of the 9 in all..Waiting for the next 3 to be delivered.

My opinion on it, is not as good as passion....

Bowler has not got the presence of James and yeats,these two had well passion....

The filming is well first class,looking forward to the next 3 films..