making bolies

tommyyyyyyyy

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i would like to know how to make bolies, i want to know how to make the simplest most easiest bolie that you can make with out spending very much, if thats possible :)

all information on bolie making boling them and good flavours to add will be appreciated

thanks

tommy

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Here is how to make a boillie, the link will take you to the page that demonstrates it.
And don't worry about buying the Sausage Guns and Rolling Mats, you can do all of this by hand it does take longer but until you get used to making them it will save you some money. Aim small at first, get the mixing process right then look to buy more and make more.

http://www.carp-uk.net/articles/boilies.htm

Tight Lines :D

tommyyyyyyyy

Reaction score
hi thx alot do i have to boil the bolies till the float or will that make them pop ups, thanks alot

noknot

Reaction score
When they float they are cooked and will not be pop ups, drain them and place on a dry towel overnight, longer if you want harder baits and your ready to go, good luck and have fun!

tommyyyyyyyy

Reaction score
thanks alot for all the information well i will be attempting to make my own bolies soon can you buy liquid flavours from the supermarket aswell????

thanks alot

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
You can use an array of flavours, but remember some flavours if you use to much will tend to repel the Carp rather than Attract them.
When you buy a Base Mix, a lot of them already have Recipes for ingrediants on the back of the packet that you can buy that will compliment the Base Mix.
I used to use Rod Hutchinson, but his Monster Crab absolutely stunk to high heaven, had to mix it outside as wife wouldn't let me do it in the house.
I also used Nutrabaits products, but it is a personal choice.
Mainline and Richworth do some very good mixes as do nash Baits.
Ask in your tackle shop, they will help you to decide.
The longer you boil a boillie the harder it will become, i used to do them for 2 minutes.
If you do them by hand, don't make them all round, make some pellet shaped as well, sometimes a change of shape can tempt a carp.

Tight Lines :D