International Shipping of Tackle - ARRRGGGGHHHH

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Hi all

Long time since I was last here!! Shocked to see it was in 2008!!!!

Anyway as some will know and as others can guess from my "handle" Im based out in sunny New Zealand....

The problem we have with tackle is shipping costs, sure finding the gear is easy enough with the internet and credit cards, but shipping costs are horrendous!!!!

For example a friend recently looked to replace his brolley, 45 quid thats ok but when the price for shipping was given.....100 pounds!!!!!! It makes getting tackle a whole different ball game!!!

So any tackle shop owners out there reading this, my advice to anyone is to find some decent shipping companies! We dont want it here yesterday just as long as it arrives....Im 100% sure any tackle shop that can provide a cheaper shipping cost will clean up on orders from overeseas...I mean would any of you pay 145 quid for a basic brolley?????

I realise the actual cost is out of your control but find us a decent company at a decent cost and we will buy stuff from you, we will tell everyone we know around the world and YOU will sell lots of gear overseas!!!!

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
There's an opportunity there, for you to set up your own Tackle dealership and use realistic shipping costs.
Or go direct to the manufacturers and seeing if there shipping costs are cheaper.

Tight Lines :D

r1paul

Reaction score
Hi all

Long time since I was last here!! Shocked to see it was in 2008!!!!
Hi Kiwi , long time mate , how are you all out there ? I though that you had got a bit lost .:D
Hows your daughter , is she still fishing ?
All the best mate:)

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Good to see you back K.C.

I thought you meant the brolly and postage was £100 :eek: hopefully someone can help with a bit of advice on couriers.

captain carrott

Reaction score
bluddi ell kiwi thought you'd got eaten by one of your eels welcome back

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Cheers guys yup its been a long time alright, have popped in from time to time for a nosey but first time Ive posted for a long time....

Hi Les all well and yes she's still fishing, looking forward to summer now and getting out amongst em!!!

Hi Rodney...nope the shipping alone was 100 pounds!!! so 150 quid for a brolley!!!!....

A couple of people have looked at starting to sell coarse gear but we dont really have the numbers in NZ to make it really worth doing....and for any tackle shop owners its not just NZ Im talking about, we have a great deal of coarse angling friends in Australia just find a decent priced shipping method and we will promote your shop to the death...!!!!

Its not really the small stuff hooks elastic rigs etc its the big stuff that costs heaps, (the stuff you make all your profit from!!!!!)

Anyway just arrived at work so better do some....

PS thought I had arrived at the wrong place with the new look site....changed a bit then!!! But i like it!!!