Angling Trust in Trouble: So how many of you have joined?

Reaction score
Right... we've had the regular and very usual 'is it good, is it bad?' thread....

So how many of you really want to preserve fishing for your kids, and your kid's kids, and have actually signed up to the Angling Trust?

For me it's a no-brainer... there is no-one else to represent us as anglers, and Fish Legal (formally legal arm of ACA) continue to save waters after pollution episodes...

So who's in then?

Last edited:

klik2change

Reaction score
Member no 50908. Acknowledgement email received 7th August.

Angler's Mail today, page 7. It says the memberships stands [or stood at the time of typesetting] at 9,500. To get up to nearly 60,000 a few days ago the membership seems to have risen very quickly in just in a very short time, doesnt it?
I wonder what can be going on? Is the Angler's Mail sensationalising? It also mentions that 1,100 clubs have joined, so affiliated club members have been counted as individuals. Is that where the numbers have come from? So how many INDIVIDUALS have joined up?

Bluenose

Reaction score
Member no 50908. Acknowledgement email received 7th August.

Angler's Mail today, page 7. It says the memberships stands [or stood at the time of typesetting] at 9,500. To get up to nearly 60,000 a few days ago the membership seems to have risen very quickly in just in a very short time, doesnt it?
I wonder what can be going on? Is the Angler's Mail sensationalising? It also mentions that 1,100 clubs have joined, so affiliated club members have been counted as individuals. Is that where the numbers have come from? So how many INDIVIDUALS have joined up?

I think the current AT numbers included those of whom were ACA members, hence we have people whose membership no are in the 50K region.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
InteraX, Click on User CP directly below Reply to Thread. You will then see the Control Panel and a long menu on the left, you then select Edit Signature, or any other item you wish to add/change.
I've still not been able to log on using my old user name though, Woody ;)

Xplorer1

Reaction score
Joined as soon as I could.

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

Klik2change - I never believe ANY number I read in a newspaper, except the Sudoku answers. BTW, in this month's IYCF they've published the answers to the current crossword rather than the previous month's! Makes it a bit easy..........................

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Yeah, the interview itself went ok, the rest was just pants :D

Psssssst, i had already done the crossword, but at least now i can check my answers lol :D

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Klik2change - I never believe ANY number I read in a newspaper, except the Sudoku answers. BTW, in this month's IYCF they've published the answers to the current crossword rather than the previous month's! Makes it a bit easy..........................

That will still be a challenge for some of their readers - erm, "lookers at pictures" perhaps better suits them. :wh

"Psssssst, i had already done the crossword, but at least now i can check my answers lol" - Not aiming my last point at you SV!

Where's the door.......