Flavouring luncheon meat

D

Danny Hale

I am fishing a mere start of season , boilies only by stringer,no nuts,hemp,pellets. I was thinking of using flav meat on one rod , anyone had any joy on any specific flavours?? If so id be pleased to hear about it !! I am wondering if perhaps this 'old' bait has been forgotten on there !!

M

Mick Weston

John Bakers "Barbel Search 4" has proved an excellent bait for both barbel and carp - also Nash Scopex Squid Liver will go well with meat.

I have always chopped the bait and put it in a bait tub, then microwave for a minute or until it is sizzling before atomising with flavour. This way the meat seams to absorb the flavour well and is much quicker than frying. Whilst the meat is still hot chuck some dry base mix or similar over it and roll it around, this forms a light coating which slowly breaks down in the water. You can also PVA bag it if you put enough powder on the meat- deadly.

E

EC

I used Rod Hutchisons 'mature cheese' which for some reason smells like strawberry when added to anything with protein in, it has caught chub tench and carp for me and I have confidence in it.