EA Consultation -Removal of Fish...unable to register on-line

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
I have now had three attempts to register on-line in order to complete the consultation document but I have failed on each occasion.

The EA is aware that some are having this problem and I was e-mailed an e version to complete and e-mail back.

If anyone would like to have this document please e-mail me, John Hepworth, Group Secretaary (click on name) through this CSG site link and I will gladly forward on. Time is running out with a little under 1 month to reply

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
The sign-up procedure was a bit tedious but I got there in the end. Some interesting comments being made.
This is our chance to get our opinions over to those actually in power. Worried about your fish being removed for the table by swarthy men with no licences?
Worth checking out.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
There is actually a known fault Geoff. I constantly get an error message being displayed after the signing up procedure

"Dear Mr Hepworth,

Our Enquiries team passed your e-mail on to me. I also received a similar message via our Leeds office.

I'm sorry you have been unable to register your details and respond to the consultation successfully. We have had a few similar reports. Would it be possible for you to e-mail me a contact phone number so I or a colleague may call you to go through the registration process. We may be able to identify the problem.

Alternatively, if it is more convenient, please feel free to complete the attached form to me by e-mail - this contains the same pertinent questions that we ask on the on-line system. If you can return this to me by e-mail (please ignore the return postal address), I can register you myself and transcribe your response onto the on-line system.

If you would like to discuss, my number is 01454 205 624. Please note, I will be away from the office until Thursday next week.

Kind regards,

- Paul Lidgett"

Bill Cox

Reaction score
I may have missed something but why is it neccessary to complete it online? surely you just need to download the forms and print them out and fill in manually! I did this and got an acknowledgment by return of post.:)

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Sorry it appears i HAVE missed something. i am talking about registering fisheries for fish movement(section 30) and you lot are not.:eek:

keora

Reaction score
The EA says on its introduction to the consultation document that it prefers replies to be made by email - probably they are easier to analyse that way.

The logging in process is not clearly explained.

On the EA site, if you look at the document with the questionnaire without logging in, you can't fill in the blanks.

Instead you need to go to one of the screens that invites you to set up your account. You provide name, address, email address and your chosen password. In a few minutes you get an email confirming your account has been set up.

You then go back to the site, find a screen with a log in box, and supply your details. Then if you click on the link to the consultation document, the screen shows a version where you can give your views. When you've done this, you can review and edit what you've done, and your final response can be emailed.