Another Lake bans Immigrants

Specihunter

Reaction score

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If people don't respect his fishery then he should have the right to keep em off ! Good luck to the man at the end of the day he's just trying to look after his property.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
The report seems fair in its approach and the guy is bang out of order to refuse anyone service on the grounds of race.

However, he can refuse to serve people (same as any shopkeeper) if he believes they will not respect his property whilst they are on it. What he should be doing is inspecting EVERY angler's tackle and should he think it "innapropriate" then refuse them entry. This can mean anyone not having adequate fishing gear, carrying sacks, bags or other containers that could hold fish, or any device meant to kill a fish like a priest.

He must be fair in his searches though and apply it to everyone. I wouldn't object.

delphi 73

Reaction score
I found this in my local paper http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/headlines/4547768.Ban_to_stop_fish_takeaway_branded_racist/
Can we keep this civil and not into a slagging match please.
It's local to me and I fished it years ago.
I'm not sure if this the right way to go as it's OTT and as someone pointed out a better sign would be thieves will be prosecuted . But as we know the cops do very little .

Poor old ****** is going to be branded racist for protecting his property and fed to the wolves. He could have done it in a more tactful way (or pc way) but hey ho hes in the deep brown stuff now.

Marker

Reaction score
the fishery owner is just protecting his interests, the immigrants on the other hand are showing a complete lack of respect for our laws and customs. you can't blame the guy for taking action, i can't see anything racist in it, if it was a white englishman taking fish he'd be banned too:wh

klik2change

Reaction score
It's about time we redefined what is meant by racism in this country. It used be about blood and skin colour.

If an Englishman, an Irishman a Scotsman, a Welshman, a German, a Frenchman and a Pole had an argument, even a fight, and they were all deaf and dumb, how could anyone accuse any of them of being racist? If they were all male perhaps someone would accuse some, or all of them, of homophobia?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Racial Profiling?

It never ceases to amaze me how "PC" we seem to have become in this Country of ours, nor how often the "race card" is brought into play.

Let's be straight and blunt; this chap has been losing his fish because of Thieves!

The fact that the only proof he has stems from these thieves being from Eastern European Countries has led him to refuse entry to his property to all people of Eastern European origin.
So, is this really "racial" or just plain common sense?

Think about the racial profiling that happens every hour of every day at all European airports; you don't see white old ladies, nor pregnant women or white middle aged businessmen being called out for a full search of their luggage, do you?
That is because recent history has proven that these people don't try to bring weapons or explosives onto planes.
The only people you see being searched are those of middle Eastern appearance.

I wonder just how many of these Eastern European anglers will take their advocates advice and report this to the relevent authorities?

klik2change

Reaction score
The lake owner will have to stick to his guns if he is taken to court. Let this be a lesson to others.

Go to the police, regardless of whether you think they will do anything. And make sure you have other witness statements as well. Take photographs, get other people to take photographs as well - most of us have phones with cameras in - and record conversations too. If you do all that you should deter thieves, and encourage the cops to come.
Most fishery owners should be able to rely on their regular customers for backup, surely? They would need people who won't be up for a scrap as that would negate the whole purpose. Follow the law - defend tolerance from people who want to exploit it [we know they are] AND from those who want to destroy it by using violence.

If you have evidence that can be used, the police will be forced to act or they will be in the dudu themselves. Go to the local police committee, go to the media. You see it every day. They will be forced to act. They probably WANT to act. But they can do nothing without evidence! Just remember how many coppers there are who are match anglers!

Last edited:

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Surely as it is his property he can reserve the right to allow entrance to whom ever he likes.

I hate pc bullies..unless they are willing to pay for his lost stock?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Think about the racial profiling that happens every hour of every day at all European airports; you don't see white old ladies, nor pregnant women or white middle aged businessmen being called out for a full search of their luggage, do you?

Pardon me, Peter, but my wife almost gets a strip search whenever she flies. At Standstead, we were flying to Poland and she had every bit of her baggage, handbag, pockets turned out and everything else inspected in front of the queues. Whilst at the same time, many members (clearly) of the Muslim faith were just walking through.

Profiling? Someone's got it wrong then.

OK, so she's from Polish stock born in Wales so I suppose that might make her a Welsh terrorist then. :wh

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Pardon me, Peter, but my wife almost gets a strip search whenever she flies.

I can only speak as I find Jeff, and as someone who goes through immigration and customs; twice every week, those were my observations.

Mind you, we do have to watch those Welsh folk too . . . . . . . .

[insert smiling thing - - - > HERE]

Last edited:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
How would some of the posters on here like it if they went fishing in : France or Spain or any other country for that matter and were refused entry to; a Fishery, Hotel, Bar or Restaurant, purely because of their British nationality. Lets face it there has been enough British scum visiting these places and causing havoc by their disgusting behaviour to warrant them doing so. But how would you feel if you were lumped in with them?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
That's a fair point Ray.

There are shops in this country that won't let you in if you look like you don't have enough money, clubs that discriminate on your upbringing, Gentlemen only clubs were no women are allowed.

It is still discrimination, no matter how you look at it or how you colour it.
Socially acceptable, and at the owners discretion.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I am not suggesting for one moment that there isn't a problem in forigners fishing illegaly or taking fish. I made three leave my clubs lakes on my last trip. One of the guys showed me his licence recipt from the Post Office, we must be making some headway if he had taken the trouble to buy a licence. They were friendly enough and left when I asked them to. I don't know if purchasing a licence in Poland entitles them to fish, but if it does then this may go some way to explaining their attitude. Maybe a multi-lingual leaflet could be issued with the licence explaing the situation as it exists over here. Then they would have no excuses, if they have a licence then they would have been told the rules, if not then they should be nicked, good old catch 22.

Reaction score
How would some of the posters on here like it if they went fishing in : France or Spain or any other country for that matter and were refused entry to; a Fishery, Hotel, Bar or Restaurant, purely because of their British nationality. Lets face it there has been enough British scum visiting these places and causing havoc by their disgusting behaviour to warrant them doing so. But how would you feel if you were lumped in with them?

Spot on Ray!

You can not tar a whole nation (or in this case the whole of Eastern Europe... I mean seriously :confused: FFS chaps, that's what Hitler did!) with the same racist brush.

I sympathize fully with the owner. He is clearly suffering from theft, but his approach to protecting his stock is way out of line.

As Woody says, he should check all anglers that enter the fishery, and post a sign that won't get him prosecuted.

Like this one...

http://www.pacgb.co.uk/factsignage/AntiTheft%20Poster%20Launched%20by%20FACT%20-%20Final_files/image004.jpg

And lastly he should employ the common-sense approach advocated by Klik. Tell the regulars, get them to record any unusual behaviour and liase with the police. Theft is theft; the police will act when they see evidence.

It's not rocket science, and it definitely doesn't have to degenerate into petty racism and ignorance.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
clubs that discriminate on your upbringing, Gentlemen only clubs were no women are allowed.

I wouldn't be a member of any club that would have the likes of me as a member.

I went to a tackle shop yesterday and there were a couple of (big) lads (probably Poles) shopping, but the manager said that atleast they are now starting to buy decent tackle that's appropriate and they are starting to get the message that our fish are returned unharmed. He has no problem with them whatsoever.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
This is in the rules of the Cudmore Fishery website -:

CUDMORE FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AND STAFF RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY OR ASK ANYONE TO LEAVE THE PREMISES WHO QUESTION THE INTEGRITY OF THE FISHERY RULES, AND / OR PRESENT WITH CONFRONTATIONAL BEHAVIOR. IT IS NOT FOR OUR STAFF TO ENFORCE THE RULES, IT IS FOR YOU TO COMPLY

How true, if the Fishery Management or Staff have to Enforce the Rules to the People visiting there complex / fishery, then the People or Person is disobeying the rules.