Fishing holidays abroad

Steve Handley

Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking a break after the August Bank Holiday for a week or so. To somewhere warm and sunny, possibly Spain or the Canary Islands or maybe further abroad like Florida. Can anyone recommend, from previous experience, places abroad and if possible, reliable boats/skippers.

I'm looking at the occasional boat fishing trip for species like tuna or similar saltwater species. This type of fishing would be a new experience for me, but it would be a nice change from catching the usual roach and chub!

Thanks
Steve

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I'd not recommend the Canaries or Spain for blue water fishing. Florida, the Carribean or Mexico are probably the best bet. If you can find a cheap trip to the Pacific coast of Mexico then that's by far the best bet. A mate of mine visited mMexico a couple of years ago and has a great time. Florida is good for a bit of beach/flats fishing as well as blue water stuff, the Keys are best, but the atlantic coast can also be good. You're best with a guide for the day on the Keys, but it is expensive.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Sean / Ed

Thanks for your replies.

I've heard good reports on the fishing in Florida and Mexico, and that will hopefully be pencilled in for a trip in the future when I have a bit more free time. Price wise, when I've researched these venues via the internet it can be a tad expensive, thats why I was looking a bit closer to home combining a short break in the sunshine with the occasional bit of fishing thrown in.

Steve