Rivers with Griff Rhys Jones

Bill Cox

Reaction score
yes it was a good read as they say, i like gruff rice johns he has an endearing quality to him. Some good old easy going viewing.:)

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Aye, ignoring his controversial comments from a few weeks ago, it was an enjoyable programme, as was the previous episode following the Derwent.

I live not 10 minutes from the Swarkestone causeway that spans the Trent and its surrounding flood plains.

Cakey

Reaction score
I live about 2 miles from Nazing so it was good to see
didnt know anything about the decoy airfield

Bully

Reaction score
Yeh - saw your place Cakey, nice Caravan mate.....

Greg Whitehead

Reaction score
Yeah, great! He's just been slagging us off again on Radio Five Live. Boycott the programme for God's sake. The Beeb haven't carried decent angling content since Passion was aired in September 1993!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
That' was my first thought Cakey.

It's a bit like 'Coast' - another program with water in it, but not about fishing.

There's a pattern emerging...

What are we to expect next?

'Canal' - Rory Bremner travels teh length and breadth of the British Isles by canal accompanied by his pet duck Alan. Expect Rory to get a bit annoyed when he discovers they are not all joined together (and some aren't even navigable, pfft!) and he has to do some of his journey on a penny farthing.

Windy

Reaction score
Yeah, great! He's just been slagging us off again on Radio Five Live.

Am I the only one who is a tad suspicious about Griff's remarks being more than a bit of a set up and put on.

Like Robson Green's ouevre, a relatively minor low profile programme of no particular general interest, suddenly granted the wonderful gift of free publicity and page 5 or 6 headlines (don't knock them, may not be the front page or page 3, but still cost £thousands if you have to pay for them) by the simple expedient of upsetting all those fishermen.....

Methinks Griff saw what happened with Robbo and then put it into practice. And the more we go on about it the more people will watch his programmes. Especially as he has committed the cardinal sin of having two separate series going out at the same time on two different TV channels.... I suspect there's only so much of Griff R J's (no relative btw) stylised and slightly overdone quirky charm the public can take at any one time.

Last edited:

Marker

Reaction score
seen all 3 episodes so far, good series, it would be even better with a bit more fishing in it:D