My First Carp

• Thread starter Willie John Russell
  • Start date
W

Willie John Russell

Sorry to bore you all but I can't stop talking about it - even the neighbours dog won't come near the fence anymore. But, on Saturday 8th June at 06:15 to a screaming run (and ending up flat on my backside, arm outstretched as I flew past the rod-pod) I caught my first carp, a beautiful Mirror of 12lb 4oz. Not a monster I grant you but what a beauty. I also have it on good authority that I'll calm down about Wednesday or Thursday, though I doubt it!
Thanks for 'listening'.
Willie-John

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Nice one Willie-John. And on one of the Shimano XTE10000 Baitrunners you won off FM was it?

R

Roto Fryer

i cauught my first carp 30 odd years ago and i thill talk about it :))
keep at it

W

Willie John Russell

Oops! sorry Graham,it wasn't on my prize reels(I'm saving their christening for when I get a pair of new rods [another thread])it was caught on some borrowed gear, but there's no going back now. You all know what I mean.
Thanks for all the sentiments chaps - much appreciated.

D

Derek Alexander

Nice one WJ my first was on a ledger rod 12lb common about 6 years ago and I've been hooked since keep going it only gets better (and bigger hopefully)

W

Wendy Perry

AWWWWw well done Willie it's a feeling you will never forget i think i told the whole world when i caught my first carp :)

Here's to catching plenty more ;)

S

Steve Bundock

Nice one Willie, you will always remember your first one!! Keep at it, don't be dissappointed about size, size isn't everything (thats what the women tell me anyway???) and the bigger brothers will come along soon enough. Don't catch all of the whackers though, save some for me....please!!!!:)

S

Simon Webster

Good on you Willie, and glad to hear of the story- my first Carp, over 30 years ago was all of possibly 2lb ( a wildie, on crust, from an estate lake)- but this got me going. Hope the next sessions will be just as rewarding- but remember, just being there absorbing the atmosphere and the habitat is almost as good as catching. Next year you will have doubled your PB, given the right waters and the right attitude. Just don't take it too seriously, smell the roses, or whatever- Good luck! Simon

T

Tony wainwright

Simon has got it spot on mate.
A bad days fishing beats a good day working...any time!!