fishing with boilies?

supgen

Reaction score
hi guys

I was wondering if you could give me a few tips.

I've never fished with boilies, but they have been a consistant bait on a lake that im fishing this week.

I've read tons about fishing boilies, my plan was to fish a pop-up of the same flavour with a few bottom baits in a small pva stocking nicked onto the hook, with a few freebies fired around the area, does this sound about right? or am I better fishing a bottom bait on the hair?

WesleyPipes

Reaction score
When I am fishing boilies I like to use some esp pop up plugs (jsut small bits of cork) and a drill bit to drill the hole in the boilie to put the plug in. This makes a popup out of a normal boilie, far cheaper than buying matching popups (and even cheaper again if you jsut use bits of recycled wine corks ;) )

edit: - If there is bigger fish on the water I want to target I often just hair rig 2 normal boilies on a longer hair seems to work for me, but I am no expert.

supgen

Reaction score
cheers wesley, will remember that one! we tried bottom baits and pop-ups, bothed seemed to score the runs quite equally so the jury is out on that one.