All Systems Go for the Evesham Angling Festival

slime monster

Reaction score
what a delightful place it used to be to fish ,it was a favourite of mine and on occasions I managed to win the odd club match there ,from reading match results and what is written this article it has indeed changed since those days ..I'm hoping it chucks up some nice roach and chub nets .

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I'd love to know how the figure of 44,000 is arrived at? I went to a number of these events spaced over 20 years (even tried to qualify one year in individual and team qualifiers), and there was a time when the crowd was three deep for the entire length of the rope. But the last time I went (on the Sat 2005) my pictures show an average of a handful of spectators behind each angler. Multiply by the number of anglers and you get less than 1000 spectators, unless there are 13,000 spectators lurking in the tackle village with no interest in watching the fishing?

I must say that I've enjoyed watching it over the years though the best of the action was many years ago when the class of field was very high and the fishing highly active for roach, dace and small chub.