The Alternative Angler - Holy Water?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hahaha! trust you to find a few similarities between religion and angling Kevin. I especially like the walking on water bit, a pair of Jimmy Jesus boots would make a Xmas pressie to die for I reckon, just think of all those inaccessible river swims you could get into with a pair them eh! My eyes do boggleth :p

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Good one again kevin.
Some say keep politics and religion out offishing but history shows that many a paster, priest etc have been fishermen. Just like the monarchy.
Then Jesus was head honcho with team mates, Peter and the rest of the deciples. Imagine trying to beat them in a fishing match!!

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
That's excellent, Kevin...I really started chuckling at your description of the Divine carp-man surface-walking back from baiting-up! It was once said that Jim Gibbinson could walk on water. Indeed, I once gave a slide-show at a club-meeting...usual stuff...then up came the Michaelangelo slide I'd specially snuck-in of God creating heaven and earth:"And here's one of Jim Gibbinson" I announced, but I didn't get so much as a titter! Oh, well..............

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
The camou-burkha! I nearly had an 'accident' when I read that! The thing is - and as all readers of Littlejohn will know, these things have a habit of coming true! (who'd have believed just a short while ago that you could be questioned for taking a photograph of your kids...)
But the mind DOES boggle...

"The new F*X Camou-Niqab! Just the thing for those 'exclusive' venues where anonymity is vital for the serious carp-angler, the Camou-Niqab in fully-waterproof 4oz Allaprene* will conceal a standard 40 ltr W*chwood ruck-bag and a full-size bed-chair...Poaching? Say goodbye to awkward encounters with baillifs! Just exercise your human right to privacy within your personal shroud and REMAIN FACELESS! (£39.95 from all good outlets. Special offer this month: buy the F*X Camou-Niqab and get a genuine F*X unhooking / prayer mat FREE!)

The Sogster

Reaction score
Although not generally superstitious or religious, I always pour a small libation from my flask into the water at the start of a session in the hope of a better day.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Although not generally superstitious or religious, I always pour a small libation from my flask into the water at the start of a session in the hope of a better day.

That is one of my first season session routines as well, providing I leave enough for me to celebrate my first fish of the season too of course . . . .